Believe in 607 BCE or you are not one of Jehovah's Witnesses

by VM44 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlanF
    AlanF
    Only a fool would reject 587 for another date. Which begs the question as to which date would be a suitable candidate. One has a choice of three dates apart from 587:

1. 586

2. 607

3. 606

4. 607/606

What a choice is there, the smart money is on 587

Readers will please note that the f**ked up grammar and arithmetic are "scholar's", not mine.

AlanF

• scholar
    scholar

Alan F

Right, 587 then! Have you convinced the majority of biblical scholars. When will 587 be edorsed by the scholarly community?

scholar

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    BA MA Studies in Religion

Scholar,

I have a serious question for you; where did you get your degree?

Jeannie

• Sheri
    Sheri

VM44,

I will let you know as I had a call last week from elder giving me current memorial and assembly information since I am hardly ever at meetings, only go to part of Sunday once in a blue moon.

Told him that I had questions on 607 date after watching history channel that stated 586 and from what I have researched 607 is not correct date but still checking my WT CD. I asked him if he knew this date did not match up with secular history, said he heard something like that. So I told him when I had time I would continue to research and would be great if he would do so also since his CD is newer series and we could get together and go over this, because I what I am reading makes more sense that what JW literature is quoting. So that is our plan in the future.

Jeannie, I can remember elders saying from the platform that after so many years (can't remember the years, I think it was 2 years) that if we read all the material the society gives us, that we would have the equivalent of a four year college degree.

Sheri

• Berean
    Berean

Sheri, you said "I can remember elders saying from the platform that after so many years (can't remember the years, I think it was 2 years) that if we read all the material the society gives us, that we would have the equivalent of a four year college degree."

I remember when that came up in the study. I raised my hand after everyone got through with their gushing comments on how smart they were due to reading the Society Publications and said that I would be careful who I made that claim to, otherwise I might get "horse-laughed" right out of the room. An elderly sister argued with me after the meeting about my comment and said that she had already told several householders about the article and the householders were impressed .... riiiiiiight.

jeanniebeanz, I asked "Scholar" that same question a couple of weeks ago and never saw an answer.

Berean (BA MA BS AKA ESQ UN NASA LOL Studies in Religion issued by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society graduated 1971)

• Pwned
    Pwned
    What a choice is there, the smart money is on 607

based on what? the other dates you listed are very close to each other which would leave a logical person to conclude that the majority of evidence points to that 3-4 yr time frame and yet 'smart money' is on a date out of left field? WTF

• professor
    professor
    Approved association with Jehovah?s Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah?s Witnesses.

What if you were kicked out for not accepting a teaching that they later admitted was wrong. Do you get to come back?

• cypher50
    cypher50
    What if you were kicked out for not accepting a teaching that they later admitted was wrong. Do you get to come back?

Only if you show that you are repentant about not accepting the false teachings that were accepted at the time...you see, it doesn't matter that your perspective was right because you dared to go against the organization itself.

This s**t would be funny if it wasn't true.

• scholar
    scholar

Pawned

The list of dates that I posted are very close together and yet despite the so-called majority evidence scholars cannot determine the precise calender date for Jerusalem's Fall. Yhe date 607 is also calculated from evidence and is a legitimate candidate for that momentous event. It must be sated that chronology is about methidology and interpretation and this is the reason there is much controversy about this matter.

scholar

• joenobody
    joenobody

Funniest thread in a while!!! It's always fun reading one where 607 comes up and you end up waiting for scholar to post.

scholar! You are getting lazy dude! Your retort simply consists of listing out 4 date choices and saying "607" is the obvious choice? Can't you at least cut and paste your usual blather?

Come clean once and for all with some real credentials. I'd sincerely like to read any peer reviewed material you have written on the matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit