New DF/DA Policy?

by new light 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new light
    new light

Would someone who has the new OD book explain any changes in "keeping the congregation clean"? Is it still the same policy or have they actually changed anything? I'd especially like to know if they are changing their tune on the "inactive". Thank you.

• El blanko
    El blanko

I was told the other day that if anybody is ' inactive ' or has ' drifted ' then they should be treated the same as somebody who has been formerly disfellowshipped.

This was passed onto me third hand, but from a reliable source and also I heard that this happened in a local supermarket on the weekend, when an inactive sister was snubbed by a local elder.

I missed the incident sadly - that particular elder is a bit of a twit anyway and does not understand how to conduct himself at the best of times. If the society have approved snubbing of this variety, then he has been let off the hook socially.

Bunch of robots

• Honesty
    Honesty

The GB will go to great lengths to hide their unscriptural doctrines from active witnesses.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

The only real change here is the actual announcement. Those chicken sh!ts instead of saying a person is DFd or DAd now only say "no longer one of JWs" They are to be treated the same as if DA or DF was said from the platform.

No there is a clear line drawn in the book between a person who has become inactive and someone who has DA'd by joining some other org (church, gov. etc)

OD pg 155. "Because he is disassociated, his situation before Jehovah is far different from that of an inactive christian" "the congregation will continue rendering the appropriate spiritual assistance to the inactive brother"

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I have not read my newly published and revised book on JW policies, but I'll be sure to read the policy on 'faded' members as I may become one sometime soon.

DY

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

That's going to make things interesting at my Dad's business. He's an inactive JW and three of his employees are JW's, one of them is an elder.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I dont have a scanner but here is the quotes in their context

OD pages 154-55

Announcement of Disfellowshiping

When it is necessary to disfellowship an unrepentant wrongdoer from the congregation, a brief announcement is made simply stating: ?[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah?s witnesses.? There is no need to elaborate. This will alert faithful members of the congregation to stop associating with that person. (1 Cor 5:11) The presiding overseer should approve this announcement.

Disassociation

The term ?disassociation? applies to the action taken by a person who, although a baptized member of the congregation, deliberately repudiates his Christian standing, rejecting the congregation by his actions or by stating that he no longer wants to be recognized as on of Jehovah?s Witnesses. Because he is disassociated, his situation is different from that of an inactive Christian, one who no longer shares in the field ministry. An inactive person may have failed to study God?s word regularly, or because of experiencing personal problems or persecution, he may have lost his zeal for serving Jehovah. The elders as well as other concerned members of the congregation will continue rendering appropriate spiritual assistance to the inactive brother. However, the person who disassociates himself by repudiating the faith and deliberately abandoning Jehovah?s worship is viewed the same way as one who is disfellowshipped. A brief announcement is made to inform the congregation, stating: ?[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah?s Witnesses.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

As with most JW policies, the Devil is in the details, and usually, the details are told verbally at the next elder's school and are penciled into the margins. The way the policy is written, it can be taken in more than one way. We will need to wait and see what the specific implimentation will be.

I, for one, am clearly in the inactive category. So, it will be interesting to see if any sort of announcement is made.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    an inactive Christian, one who no longer shares in the field ministry

A very interesting definition. This means that one who is "inactive" is still attending meetings on a regular basis. I wonder if one who no longer attends meetings on a regular basis would be viewed as having DAed himself "through his actions".

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth
    the details are told verbally at the next elder's school and are penciled into the margins. The way the policy is written, it can be taken in more than one way. We will need to wait and see what the specific implimentation will be.

Exactly! We only have a general outline of what the change really is. I'm sure there are some MS or Elders on this board that will keep us up to date on the developments in the next MS/Elder's school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit