Todays talk.

by loosie 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• checkmate1996
    checkmate1996

...and you are still going to the meetings....why????

• Golf
    Golf

As the saying goes. "Desperate people do desperate things."

Golf

• blondie
    blondie
    Even though you are qualified you may not be the best person for the job. After all the best person for the job might be a sister and as we know sisters don?t qualify for positions in this system.

Actually, sisters do qualify for positions in this system, just not in the WTS.

And in the WTS new system, the best qualified person, a sister, still won't qualify.

Blondie

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Even though you are qualified you may not be the best person for the job. After all the best person for the job might be a sister and as we know sisters don?t qualify for positions in this system.

Buzzwords that really mean the GB is going to have a flash of new light soon:

Due to the many mature sisters in the organisation, Joe Hoba has directed that they may now serve as minisister servants and elderettes. Translation = all the good male servants and elders are now apostates and we are searching Joe Hoba is recognising the vital spiritual service that the sisters provide his organisation.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    And in the WTS new system, the best qualified person, a sister, still won't qualify.

Buncha....mumble...mutter...mumble...

I've known some really sharp sisters whom could reason circles around the elders. Most of the time though, they just got the standard 'sit at the back of the bus' responses. It is so frustrating when you see some poor dumb MS reading word for word from a manuscript and boring the congo to death, and then a sister gets up and gives a talk that is so profound and full of information that you can actually use in your ministry or daily life, knowing that she would not be allowed a decent part in the congregation because she didn't have a penis.

Gawd that used to make me so mad...

J

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well i was an elder and i knew there were sisters inc my wife who were better than me...more spiritual more understanding more loving..............and i was good

• loosie
    loosie

lol you guys have me rotflol. this is a fun group.

Also in this talk about love it was said that if we showed love to everybody that would eliminate the need for psychologists. yeah if only.

My husband said that mentioning in the talk that sisters don't qualify was like rubbing salt in the wound.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Elders aren't robots and the talks aren't scripted. Stuff like this comes from somewhere inside this guy's head, or heart. Look for him to be lurking here soon and planning his escape. He's clearly conflicted by the fact that women are dis'd by the WTS and his Freudian slip reveals he thinks that should change and will, but perhaps not before the new system rolls around.

However, if the new system came tomorrow, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the WTS to appoint women to responsibile positions of leadership. Why would they? They believe all the men will be on the road to perfection at that point and that men are genetically equipped for leadership roles, while women are not

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Look for him to be lurking here soon and planning his escape.

We can only hope. I knew some pretty decent men in the congregation who were sincere and questioning. Problem is that many just drifted away because when they would ask questions or argue points they got the same STFU answers that we women did. Wait, that's not exactly a problem, is it?

J

• loosie
    loosie

Willyloman, your comment reminds me of this joke.

Fishing VS Reading

A couple go on vacation to a fishing resort in northern Minnesota. The husband likes to fish at the crack of dawn. The wife likes to read.

One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap. Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and continues to read her book.

Along comes a law enforcement officer in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says, "Good morning Ma'am. What are you doing?"

"Reading a book," she replies, (thinking "isn't it obvious?")

"You're in a restricted fishing area," he informs her.

"I'm sorry officer, but I'm not fishing, I'm reading.

"Yes, but you have all the equipment. I'll have to take you in and write you up."

"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault," says the woman.

"But I haven't even touched you," says the officer.

"That's true, but you have all the equipment."

The Officer says, "Have a nice day."

Moral of the story: Don't mess with a woman who reads. She may also be able to think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit