Any here commemorate the Memorial on your own?

by pennycandy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

If so, why? And how do you do it? Do you partake?

• Scully
    Scully

No, the entire thing is flawed. Besides, I have other things I'd rather be doing.

• Bas
    Bas

Memorial of what? I Forgot

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It seems to me that if you did then you're still agreeing with the WTS' teachings on the memorial and all that goes with it. In other words, you're still bound by the borg. You're still a dub at heart.

Not good.

Ozzie

• glenwoodswoman
    glenwoodswoman

NO, I am far far removed from that.

I did celebrate the Spring Equinox this morning honoring mother earth and the awakening of spring, did some drumming on my djimbe and planted seeds in decorated clay pots,among other things.

How's that saying go about knowing the truth, and the truth will set you free???????

Glenwoodswoman (Glennie)

• dh
    dh

Nope .

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Oh, do you mean communion? Memorial, I just despise that name right along with just about every other JWism. No, don't do communion on my own.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

That's 100% "no" so far.

I occasionally partake at a non-denominal church, when I happen to attend on the correct day. The once-a-year on Nisan 14 rule doesn't make sense to me anymore. But I still couldn't make myself miss the Memorial the first two years I was out. Now, the only reason the day has any meaning to me anymore is to remember to avoid my mom's phone calls that day .

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

I figure there are probably some who have recently left the org who still hold their own Memorial service. I was wondering how closely they stick to the org's rules, such as the bread being unleavened, starting after sunset, etc.

• glenwoodswoman
    glenwoodswoman

Pennycandy,

My girlfriend was Df'd 2 or 3 years ago (for smoking) and she goes to the memorial every year. I plain out do not understand it...sitting in a room full of people that pretend she is not there and feel for sure that they have their gods blessing in waging psychological warfare with her. I dont understand how you can whorship in a group of people when they shut you out. What kind if energy is present in that room??

She is still very protective of the troof, and I believe it is because the hold is still so very strong...So, some people do go to the memorial and subject themselves to what I consider to be a humiliating, intentionally degrading experience. It all depends on howm many of the JW chains you have broken.

Glennie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit