Sheep & Goat separation takes place during the 1000 years.............

by Schizm 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

It's all a bunch of some man's hallucinations. Can you show any of this crap to be true?

Ken P.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Hello Bas,

Glad you were entertained by my comments.

There is only one Kingdom. Everyone that will be a part of this Kingdom will be in the same place. While that place may be called heavenly in some texts this does not mean it exists somewhere other than this earth. Heavenly simply means higher than or above other Kingdoms that have existed and we know that our Lord will return here to this earth to rule in it. This is why it is said that He will inherit the throne of David at such a time.
    Joseph
    http://home.earthlink.net/~jmalik/

• Dustin
    Dustin

I think the Governing Body is a bunch of stupid dumbasses who have no idea what they are talking about. I could make stuff up off the top of my head and say it was inspired by God too. Would you be foolish enough to believe me?

Dustin

• Schizm
    Schizm

Joseph,

Everlasting life is awarded to the Saints at the time of their resurrection. This takes place at the beginning of the millennium as they are raised first when our Lord returns. Over them second death has no authority.

Yes, you are correct. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. When I said the prize of lasting life is not awarded to "persons" until the END of the millennium I wasn't including "the Saints". I didn't think that there was a need for me to be all that explicit, but I see now that I should've gone into more detail.

[The Saints] will exist together here on earth with the sheep during the millennium

I would disagree with you on this point. Those who are to rule with Christ will do so as SPIRIT persons. If, as you say, they are to live "here on earth with the sheep" throughout the 1000 years then what need would there be for them to become spirit persons at their resurrection? Earthly life is for humans, not spirits.

• Valis
    Valis

The largest problem that any thinking human has it this..Why would a god let people live for 1000 years in a perfect paradise only to test them afterwards? If you already had been living perfectly and being good people then why the extra turn? get bored as a god and need extra validation? It makes no sense and is not the sign of a loving god who would keep messing with those who suffered inumerably to fulfill original prophecies to begin with...Just stupid and unreasonable.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Why would a god let people live for 1000 years in a perfect paradise only to test them afterwards?

This never made any sense to me. The closest I got to an answer was when my father, an elder, told me that we have no way of knowing how long the angels existed before their loyalties were tested, so why does it matter how long a human lives before they are tested. HUH??

Puzzling to be sure...

J

• Satanus
    Satanus

Why would a god who is love test people anyway? How many parents who love their kids set up tests for them, and then get rid of them if they fail? Even the military tries it's best to transform failures. If a recruit isn't meant for the military, they rarely kill him. They just set him free. So, the jw god is tougher even than the army. 'Course, schizzy prolly likes that.

S

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

And yet there are those who say that purgatory is not taught in the Bible. What is this if not a Millennial purgatory?

• Schizm
    Schizm

Valis,

Why would a god let people live for 1000 years in a perfect paradise only to test them afterwards?

A "test" usually determines if a person qualifies for something. In this case, it determines whether or not the person qualiflies for being admitted into God's kingdom.

If you already had been living perfectly and being good people then why the extra turn?

Yet the Bible says that a goodly number of those will succumb to the temptation to follow Satan after he is released at the end of the 1000 years. Thus, the "test" serves a useful purpose. It determines whether or not a person is REALLY "good".

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Of course, the actual text in Revelation 20 says nothing about a "test". This is a Watchtower interpretation of a laconic passage, which fails to explain why Satan is set loose. The passage also does not say that the resurrection occurs during the thousand years. The resurrection of everyone else occurs after the thousand years are over (20:5, 7, 12-15). The Watchtower teaches that everyone being resurrected has a chance during the thousand years to prove their loyalty to God, but the text is quite clear that the resurrection is for judgment according to their prior deeds (v. 12), and those judged unjust go directly to the lake of fire. This is similar to the concept of resurrection in the "Epistle of Enoch" (in 1 Enoch) and in 2 Baruch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit