My first post---Boy do I need help!!!!!!!!

by PAJA 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome!

You are in quite a predicament! I'm sure she is a very wonderful woman. The problem as you have already surmised is her being born into the cult, plus the Mexican culture is VERY family oriented. Both these compounded, makes for a very confused girl. It is my guess that unless you convert, you will not be welcome in her parent's home. Which is evident that she it TRYING to figure out how to introduce you to them. This is very difficult. Even if she leaves now, there's no guaranty she will not be overcome with guilt after having children or having a family member die. Even now she may be forced to pick between her family and you, which of course will lead to a very sad girlfriend/wife.

Tread lightly, I'd say.

Good Luck,

Bryan

Have You Seen My mother

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf
    Welcome............run!

Welcome, and I agree with the above comment from hillbilly. Get a copy of Crisis or Conscience or In Search of Christian Freedom by Ray Franz, an X-JW. Read one or both thoroughly and then RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE JW'S.

Cathy L.

• PAJA
    PAJA

Thanks for all the replies.

I wish I could explain better or give more details, but trust me when I say she has doubts.

We are at a point where she realizes Im not going to join and is strugling about what to do. Ive started to ask questions of her, and I can see that they are making her think. I told her that Ive found allot of information and its not really all that positive.

The most recient and the first "in depth" question I have asked is about WTS belief in regaurds to the cross/crucifix.

[B]I asked why they dont use it and she told me about the whole "stake" thing, so I went home and found that the WTS seems to have used the cross early on.

I told her about what I found and she said she had never heard about that, I asked if she could clear it up for me, and she said she would do that. She asked where I found that they did use it, I told her that it was used on old WTS publications ans even that pyramid monument at Russels own grave. So she asked if I could bring the pictures and information about it so she could see for herself (I think that is a sure sign of her doubts)

Im going to post another thread in regaurds to getting more info on the WTS use of the cross.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/87290/1.ashx

• eljefe
    eljefe

I got into a relationship with a JW.

Those are famous last words. You aren't the first person and you won't be the last. Trying to prove a doctrinal issue is futile as she will always fall back on what she has always known. The Watchtower makes all her decisions for her.

She may like you, but love isn't strong enough to break the chains of a cult.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Born and raised JW, and in Mexico of all places???!!!

Mexican JWs are particularly strict, and their family unity is virtually impossible to crack. Do yourself perhaps the greatest favor ever and...

RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!!!!!

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Oh, forgot to welcome you...

WELCOME PAJA!!!

DY

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, but, has she doubted out loud in front of her family? Many JW's manage the strain of their lifestyle by having an "outside" life and an "inside" life.

That is why I suggest you find out where your sweetheart's loyalties lie as soon as possible. Get yourself introduced to the family.

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge
    Mexican JWs are particularly strict, and their family unity is virtually impossible to crack

Truer words were never spoken. Having been there, done that, all I can offer you is to tell her the truth, as you've been advised. Guilt is a major factor and the fear of losing one's family is another. Talk first, find out if she's serious & understands what her choices will affect in her life.

Good Luck...and welcome by the way.

SK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit