If you could give me "only one" reason why not to be in the truth..........

by ButtLight 40 Replies latest jw friends

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

Candidly:

"Conditional love"

Whoah~! Good point~!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Slavery sucks.

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

I'm with everyone else. It's not the truth. I cringe every time someone calls it "the truth".

Kwin

Maybe someday there will be a new addition in each popular dictionary under "truth":

"For Jehovah's Witnesses: the truth is whatever the Watchtower organization says is truth and may change and even flip-flop at any given time..."

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    This is it for me. Believe what you want, tell me your opinions, I may even adopt them. But don't try to control me with scare tactics ala disfellowshipping, reproving, marking, labelling ("weak", "selfish", "apostate"). If they'd drop the controlling aspect of things, they would only be very bad, instead of horrible.

Dave

+ 1~!

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

because it's not the truth, it's Amway in a slightly different form.
    because you have better things to do with your time.
    because life is too short to spend your Saturday mornings in "service".
    it's like eating potato chips; I can't give just one.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Buttlight,

The foundation of belief in GOD is trust. The "tone" of the WT teaching fosters and perpetuates doubt in personal security and salvation. This is contrary to the message of GOD, which is to foster trust. We are to "rest" on His PROMISES. One can not grow in christian maturity when one lives in doubt. WT repeatedly says, be in fear..... God says, "Do not fear......."

No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgement you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from ME," Says the LORD. Isaiah 54:17

michelle

• JAVA
    JAVA

I learned the truth about "the Truth."

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Pastor Russell was an insane and ego driven man. It went downhill from there. All you have to do is read the WT beginnings to agree with me.

• Pole
    Pole

Lies, damn lies, the Truth.

I'd say it's 50% my fault for buying the all-inclusive metaphysical package called THE TRUTH. Still, it's the one reason to stop professing it when you realize it.

Pole

• kls
    kls

Buttlight,,,,,,,,you know it's not the truth just by being here. You know that little voice in your head that says something is wrong and it just doesn't seem true and it makes your tummy sick to think of going back,thats how you know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit