which household chore do you HATE to do..?

by candidlynuts 54 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Flying, you're adorable. I noticed that when I started reading here again.

Yes, I'm getting married. Third time's the charm..

He is simply wonderful.

Thank you.

Andy and I aren't married but we might as well be. My daughter saw a magnet that says: "The first two were just for practice." I love it. I'm glad you've found the right guy this time. You know, when you've been through two marriages, you learn a thing or two about what you need and what to look for in a partner.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

For me....sorting socks. Most other things I'll do, but I HATE sorting socks. In fact, I hate it so bad, I'd just as soon buy new packs of socks just to keep from having to wash, dry and sort socks...and I have before.

The rest of it, I don't mind. I cook, clean, all that good stuff. My lawn...well, that's one of the things I'm proudest of. I love to work in my yard.

Ern

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Exorcising the lazy demons, preparing the sacrifices for Baal, polishing the Goat Horns, the list just goes on.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Flyin' my replies are in black after your red ones......

1. Comet Cleanser for sinks, toilets and most everything use with a dab on your cloth and water you can clean even the most delicate surface.I do this but I like Ajax because it smells better and has the blue dots and all. And I hear that "Ajax, the blue dot cleanser, bubba bub a bub bub" jingle in my head. LOL I use Comet cuz I can't stand the smell of Ajax!
    2. Windex or pure rubbing Alcohol for windows, glass and mirrors. I also use it to clean the toilet seat and outside bowl wipe it off with toilet paper throw it in the can and flush! I do this, too. Newspaper and rubbing alcohol work well on mirrors, too. I use a cotton dish towel and alcohol to clean my eyeglasses. That's what the ladies at my eye doctor use. Works well. I use lenin cloths for windows and mirrors, no lint plus I'm not about to carry around a bunch of newspapers with me, but both work great.
    3. Shower Power for tubs and glass shower doors used with a white mesh scrubber I buy at Target.I haven't tried this one but will. Is it good for soap scum and mineral build up? Yes I've tried them all and Shower Power is by far the best for soap scum and the little scrubber is white with a handle makes it easy to use I won't clean a tub without one it cuts way down on the elbow grease.
    4. A good all purpose cleaner for floors like Simple Green (a little goes a long way) or Pine Sol.I love Pine Sol. Yeah me too I actually prefer it but many of my clients don't like the smell so I use Simple Green (if they have it) or their own liquid dish soap and HOT water, it dries faster and leaves no streaks.
    5. A cotton string mop and a mop pale with a basket to squeeze out the mop. I use the mop and sink because my apartment isn't very big. No bucket. I hate wringing the mop with my hands hense the bucket with built in mop wringer thingy.
    6. A must is good terry cloth wash cloths and bar mops and linen towels for the glass surfaces and a squeegee for shower doors and windows. I like cotton dish towels for window cleaning, too. Nope for windows I only use a squeegee and a lambs wool to actually wet the surface and clean the dirt off before squeeging it off. I use the cloths for smaller surfaces like table tops, counters and ect.
    Oh and I forgot for dusting wood surfaces those micro-fiber cloths are absolutely the best sprayed lightly with a little furniture polish they are great!

Good grief I had no idea I was so anal.......I must confess a lot of my methods of cleaning come from having to ease the pain of carpel tunnel which unfortunately I've developed from over use. I fight the pain daily and it sucks!

Kate

• Golf
    Golf

To me, all that stuff you mentioned is a piece of cake! Try cleaning out a cesspool! If you do, come back and tell me your experience.

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit