Jesus last statements

by nowuask 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

startingover

Why would a "deluded" man quote David? Psalm 22:1

To the Chief Musician, on the deer of the dawn. A Psalm of David.

My God, my God, why have You forsaken me, and are far from my deliverance, and from the words of my groaning?

D Dog

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

The Psalmist was pretty deluded too. ;)

I forget the exact passage, but somewhere near the end of John it is admitted that much of what Jesus said and did was never recorded. That almost sounds like an admission that what _was_ recorded are myths and legends.

• startingover
    startingover

D Dog

Why would a "deluded" man quote David? Psalm 22:1

I guess I don't understand what difference it would make if he was quoting David, if in fact that was what he was doing. Please explain.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Speaking of quotes...

Always look on the bright side of life .. .. .. ..

• Seven
    Seven
    "at least i dont have to wear those bloody sandals anymore"

No PD. It was "I can see my house from here."

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

startingover

Read the rest of psalm 22

D Dog

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Nark..Both Irenaeus and Ignatius seem to quote the words, but of course just what they were quoting is ??? Luke, Diatessaron, source material who knows. Anyway the counter explanation is that the words were felt too forgiving of the Jews and removed to fuel a growing antiJewish sentiment. To some extent this makes sense to me but the late date of Luke in the first place makes that argument seem less persuasive.

• checkmate1996
    checkmate1996

David, a prophet, predicated Christ's return 100's of years prior to Christ. Plus, Jesus is part David's lineage. David just happens to say the SAME exact words as Jesus does before he dies on the cross?

How is that possible!?? ;->

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit