If I join theJWs what is my financial commitment?

by Qcmbr 34 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

Yah that's the one I was talking about , the one in Denton . I could swear they told me it cost a million . 12 million is an insane amount for something like that . I often heard them talk about other churches that build big fancy churches in derogatory ways . That's quite a not for profit organization they have going there if they can spend that much on a building they might use twice a year . I was there but don't remember the fancy statues , I guess stained glass was too much apostate but somehow statues aren't . They also built some new halls in the area around that same time . The lake arlington cong. and north and south arlington . They do share it but on different sides at the same time . I remember the constant , we need your money motiviation at the meetings . yah they sure do brag about no collection plate but will go on for an hour about how much money they need .

• Flash
    Flash

Giving $ is voluntary. No Tithing...However, the real price you and your family will pay is the gradual loss of your individuality, your freedom and your critical thinking ability.

It's no small price to pay, and God doesn't require it, this price is demanded from haughty, self-righteous humans!!

Keep your distance and don't let their harmless demeanor fool you.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Also, if you want to rise up in ranks of authority, it certainly doesn't hurt to make substantial "donations" tot he Circuit Overseer or District Overseer. These are the guys who have the authority to give you power to take it away... and they sure do like it when someone buys then new expensive suits, or pays off their car, or upgrades their living facilities, or you buy them a golf club membership, etc...

Ouch, this smells like buying your way up the JW ladder.

• Pwned
    Pwned

I dont even want to know how much money my dad was donated but if I were to guess I would say at least 100K over the last 20 yrs and that is being conservative, and we were never wealty, in fact he had to declare bankruptcy once.

I remember 9/10 times that they had one of those service meeting - needs of the congregation talks (you know the ones where the time slot in the KM is open for whatever the elders feel is neccessary, do they still have those what with all the clamping down and scripting of everything) it would be about donating more. I'm pretty sure our congregation even missed a few payments, it was in the ghetto and the Spanish speaking halls tended to be a lot poorer than the English speaking congregations.

• heathen
    heathen

The thing is , it wouldn't matter to me if they gathered in a tent out in the middle of a pasture somewhere but noooooooooooooooooo they have to build these expensive buildings tieing up peoples resources . The love of money is the root to all sorts of injurious things . They sure do lack the humility to be the chosen people that they claim to be .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit