JW Related Dreams

by Gretchen956 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I cannot remember my dreams usually, and I can't tell you the last time I dreamed about something JW related, YEARS ago. I've been out so long that many of the things discussed on here, I look at and go, "oh yea, I remember that." But last night I had the funniest dream!

I came home to a full blown JC, elders waiting in the living room, etc., all set up like an intervention. I kind of smiled and said to myself, OH YEA, I can't WAIT. So I sat down and they started into their bs... Funny thing is, it was sort of muted, like Charlie Brown's parents whenever they talked. (Symbolic of how meaningless it all is??) Anyway, at first I was relatively nice, but then I let out a minor curse word. I was facing the tv at the time, and in my dream I noticed that the tv was on and they had it programmed to respond to things like blasphemy, curse words, apostate thinking.

Well, the elders completely lost my attention after that and I spent the rest of the "meeting" playing with the gizmo seeing how many and what kind of reactions I could get from their contraption. They realized I wasn't paying them any attention, that I wasn't giving them any energy at all, and that their psychological "weapon" had become a plaything, and they huffily took it apart and stomped out.

HA! Funny, and I'm sure there are all sorts of Jungian meanings to it all.

Anyone else have funny or not so funny JW dreams?

Sherry

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Sherry, ah, they are called nightmares sweetie.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

No, nightmares scare you. The point is I wasn't scared, I didn't wake up, I didn't act that way IN the dream, and after I woke up I just thought it was funny. Now granted I have known others to have Armeggedon dreams that scared them pretty badly, but I truly don't believe in that so I don't dream about it.

I took away the message that they don't have any hold on me, which I knew anyway.

--but its always fun to have a new toy!

Sherry

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have them constantly. At least three times a week. I'm either at the book study or the KH and I'm almost panicky wondering how I got there. Two nights ago I had one where I got to the WTS study late and had no mag so I went to the Ladies room to avoid the stares and whispers. (WHY I just didn't leave is beyond me) Then I had to USE the bathroom reeeeally bad, and the stalls were all full and there were long lines. Nobody would let me "cut in" line to take care of business despite my obvious groaning and moaning.

I thought maybe I dream about that so often because of the amount of time I spend on here discussing the WTS, but if that's the case---I'll just have to put up with the weird dreams cuz I'm not about to leave here!

Annie

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Annie, I think it depends on how long we've been out, how well or how much we have processed all the baggage and hidden guilt that we were so programmed into for so long. It takes a long time and many times a lot of therapy to get passed it all. Being in here is group therapy. I hope you don't stop coming in here, what may in the short term trigger dreams could in the long time be a blessing as it clears all of that out of your psyche.

Blessings,

Sherry

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Being in here is group therapy. I hope you don't stop coming in here, what may in the short term trigger dreams could in the long time be a blessing as it clears all of that out of your psyche.

Thanks, Sherry. All of you here are stuck with me for as long as I can BE here, LOL! I don't even post to the other two boards that I used to be a "regular" on----Beliefnet JW Debate and a Usenet group that just became more and more ridiculous. No real discussion on that one-just sniping between JWs and exJWs, nothing productive at all.

I DO feel it's therapy being here although hubby thinks that it's time to move on. I've been reading some of the funnier posts and non-JW-related subjects to show him that it's not ALL arguing and such.

I've been out 5 1/2 years now, and I'm still learning things or realizing things about the WTS that have an impact on me, all of which were found on here! There is such a wealth of info offered here on so many subjects---talk about an education!

hugs,

Annie

• melmac
    melmac

Last night I dreamt of talking to 2 "apostates", trading experiences of how we left the "troof". Interesting, since I never talked to any XJW in person, and that all my previous dreams about JWs were kind of nightmarish. In the dream i told them (1 guy and 1 girl) how happy I was now.

• glenwoodswoman
    glenwoodswoman

Sherry,

If you dream about them and they do not scare you, that means you're free, honey....Yeah!

BB,

Glennie

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Sometimes, I am dreaming about going door-to-door. I am good at it in my dreams. I wake up and say: "So, what?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit