Need help

by fairchild 21 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild

I'm the kind of person who literally wouldn't kill a fly. Any insect that happens to wander through my place gets caught in a glass and thrown outside. Now, last summer, a bunch of ladybugs decided to move in with me. It didn't seem to be a problem until they started multiplying. At this point - and I'm not exaggerating- my place would do great in a Hitchcock movie. The ladybugs are everywhere, and there seem to be more and more every day. They are starting to give me the creeps big time! When I drink a cup of tea, I have to cover it after every sip. Right at this moment, there are about 20 ladybugs on the monitor of my computer, I can hardly read. This afternoon, when I opened my lunch at work, there was a dead ladybug inside my sandwich. They 'cluster' in the corners of every room, as well as inside my cupboards. It's safe to say that there are thousands of them in my place right this second. I have been thinking about bombing my place, but that is impossible with the cat inside. She doesn't go out much this time of year. Please, please, any suggestions are welcome. Is there anything I can use that's cat-friendly? I've been going around with a bucket, catching them and throwing them out, but it feels like taking water out of the ocean with an eye dropper.

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

You have a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment? If you do just go around and suck them up in the vac.

• Pwned
    Pwned

i think you need a professional, couldnt you take your cat to a motel with you for a night or 2?

• myself
    myself

There are "pet friendly" bombs, but you still should get the cat out of the house for the day. If in doubt check with a few pest control companys for some advice. You may even find a "natural remedy" on an internet search.

I read a few years ago that ladybug infestation can produce asthma attacks.

• fairchild
    fairchild

HM, I vacuum all the time, somehow, they come right back. GGRR they are SO creeping me out tonight. I just had one in my neck.

Pwned, I doubt that I'd be allowed in a motel room with my cat, but thanks for the suggestion. I'd be too afraid that the cat would escape and get lost. She's like my kid, you know?

myself, I work at a health food store and have been looking into it, trying to find a good product. But as you said, you still have to get the cat out of the house. I might have to wait until spring hits, which will be at least another month up here. So far, the ladybugs were annoying, but especially the past couple days, they are really starting to scare me for some reason.

• Pwned
    Pwned

there are hotels/motels that allow pets and even ones that don't, its not like cats bark or anything, just put the do not disturb sign up all the time. we snuck our cat into a 4star Hilton once. dont you have a carrier for when you take the cat to the vet?

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

I'm concerned that you seem to be making excuses for not getting rid of them. Seriously. Get your cat somewhere and get those damn bugs out of your house.

• Purza
    Purza

This may sound like a dumb question, but are the ladybugs green with black spots (and look exactly like the red type)?

Purza

• Bas
    Bas

that's weird, I never heard of a ladybug plague...At least they're less repulsive then other insects. Most kids I know love 'em, but a 1000 in one place would be a bit much. Maybe you can sell 'em, make a business out of ladybugs. Ladybug inc. well good luck

Bas

• Xandria
    Xandria

http://www.getridofladybugs.com/?OVRAW=asian%20ladybugs&OVKEY=ladybugs&OVMTC=standard

Attack of the Ladybugs... lol.

We have them here and they are a pest! Get into everything and nibble, stain, etc. We spray.

X.

http://www.lady-beetles.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit