Does Anyone mind if I freak out?

by Sparkplug 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ok, I have not had a lot of experience with death and the one loved one...really loved like a brother ...person that passed in 2002 was my first close, hurt your heart friend to go. So This last year, maybe year and a half, I have worked with the same 14 to 16 people.

Between all of us we have had at least twenty loved ones die, and one of our group that I sat next to for 4 years died. So Was it two weeks ago, I lost an old co-worker, and then a few days later another.

Now then as if that is not enough...I had a third acquaintance die last week and was dis-invited to the memorial.

So with this said and death being a very volotile subject with me.... I get yet another call tonight. An older lady who lived next to me for years and is my "adopted" moms best friend for 20 years has died a few minutes ago. She brought me homeade soup and baked bread for the kiddos and I when I was DF'ed the second time. I just saw her At the beginning of the year and had the longest hug from her.

Now mind you my Gammie, her best friend, is in the hospital dying and was told 3 months ago that she had 2 months to live. She is in a friggin hospital bed and bleeding internally. But tough old bat that she is ...she is hanging on. So now, I have to call her when her meds wear off tomorrow and comfort this loved one who is going to die any day also.

So does anybody besides me find this just blooming mind numbing. I feel kind of in shock. It is too much at once and I feel my brain shutting down. This is a moment when a person really needs hels, and here I sit doing homework, taxes, chatting and trying to become an alcoholic for the night. But unfortunately, I am wound too tight to let anything reduce this stress level.

• zman
    zman

COUNT TO TEN,,,,,,,, and not empty glasses!!!! you will be ok!!!!!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Wow.... your plate IS full. Gads, but I feel for ya. These things sometimes come in heaps, such as you're now experiencing. Something similar happened to me about 6 years ago. I didn't know it at the time, but my body was kind of shutting down by the chemicals released from the unrecognized stress. Everyone has mountains and valleys in this life. Sounds like your journey is taking you through a looooong valley. Sorry to hear about your losses. All I can say is, hang on, take care of yourself and things WILL get back to "normal". Just take each thing as it comes and handle each individually - try not to lump them all together (hard to do, but try playing mind games with each situation). Take a deep breath, do things that you enjoy, and remember you have friends who care.

Keep us posted.

(p.s. personally, I lik screaming into pillows every once in a while.... sort of silly, but effective. )

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Yeah Tried to talk to my brother...but being the JW he is, he started to let me know all about the ressurection and paradise earth. It all boils down to being about reasons he feels I need to come back to Jehovah...

Hate to offend anyone, but it is a crock of crap. I tell Gammie that she will see her lord in heaven. I tell my brother that we will just have to see. I tell myself that worm bait is not too bad. I really do believe we will just have to see. but to cheer people up, sometimes I have to act as if I really believe there is a heaven. A God, A hell and a ressurection. To tell the truth, I don't believe in anything as far as religion. I feel I am spiritual, but religion and I ...well we don't get along.

• talesin
    talesin

Heya! I know how you're feelin.

Last November, in one week, I lost 3 friends. My sweet young friend, J, suicided; my old buddy N, had heart failure and died; and D, a musician, was mugged and beaten into a coma. I was numb.

One foot in front of the other, that's how I got through it ... you will, too.

<<<< breathe in ,,, breathe out >>>>

<<<< breathe in ,,, breathe out >>>>

Ahhhhhhhhh............

Feel better? Good.

t

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Wow! Sparky.

You must feel like your world is crashing down around you. This thing of others dieing around us is a very stressing and depressing thing to handle.

Drop in now and again when you can and just let your feelings out, in writing here on the forum.

It might be a good idea to see your doctor and let him in on this. Ask for some medication if you think you need it.

Do you have/get any support from your friends/family/neighbors??

It is best to not just try to handle all of this alone.

Best wishes to ya.

Outoftheorg

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Thanks Out and Tale, Just needed to vent. Your kind words and wisdom feel like a hug to me. Thanks

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

oh, Spark, so very sorry I know it is a great stress to experience such loss and to feel so powerless and vulnerable. I know there is not much I can say or do, but I wanted to let you know that, like so many others here, I care and I will be sending loving thoughts your way throughout the coming days.

"...My joy is like spring, so warm it makes flowers bloom in all walks of life.

My pain is like a river of tears, so full it fills up the four oceans.

Please call me by my true names, so I can hear all my cries and my laughs at once,

so I can see that my joy and pain are one.

Please call me by my true names, so I can wake up,

and so the door of my heart can be left open,

the door of compassion." ----Thich Nhat Hanh

~Merry

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((((Sparkplug)))))))

When it rains, it pours, eh? Please know that I, too, will be offering up prayers for your well-being and strength for your grandma in the days to come. I'm a firm believer in life after death (wasn't always, but am now), but as you have been finding out, death burdens the living left behind, not the dead. So look after yourself, please.

Perhaps take something mild to help you sleep (Tylenol PM? Valerian Root?) and make sure you eat right and drink plenty of water. Help your body cope with the mental stress by exercising, too. Walk during your lunch hour? The exercise might help you sleep without any aids, too.

Wishing you comfort,

outnfree

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Merry...Thanks for the poem.

and Out...How did you know I have not been sleeping? That was humor just in case. I took your advice and tried some chamomille tea and melatonin. I think I will sleep now. Thank you again.

Im all right. Suck it up and keep going. I feel a lot better now that I have cried. Feels good. Been way too long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit