Just thinking again, it can be dangerous.

by purplesofa 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

When I was first studying .......I was told God search me out. Gathered me to him. Today I was thinking, if God has searched out his people, Why did he draw out the wackos?

and when they say they keep knocking on the same doors in case peoples circumstances have changed. They are looking for something in that persons life so they can build them up. So why search out weak ones? A weak one that can be easily influenced. That will believe the garbage. No one that is skipety do da happy will stop to learn the truth. But that does not mean they don't love God and humankind.

Many men are coming back from Iraq to Arkansas. I work with alot of women that have waited on thier husbands or boyfriends returning. I was thinking how the love for thier spouses have lasted over the time(most are gone for 18mos) They don't see each other. Remain faithful.

And how we are led to believe that loss of meeting attendance will deminish our love and relationship with Jehovah. I felt very insulted and angry at this thought. I remember someone asking me how do you know you won't lose the love? I said, Just as I know I won't murder someone. I don't need daily reminders to not commit murder. (well, with roadrage lately Maybe)

I am not with direction and goals as I once was. I have retreated in this fight for life. And regrouping, rethinking and reorganizing. Some of the greatest wars won had lost many battles.

Thats my thoughts and I'm sticking to it.

• Flash
    Flash
    1.When I was first studying .......I was told God search me out. Gathered me to him. Today I was thinking, if God has searched out his people, Why did he draw out the wackos?

2. So why search out weak ones?

3. I was thinking how the love for thier spouses have lasted over the time(most are gone for 18mos) They don't see each other. Remain faithful.

4. And how we are led to believe that loss of meeting attendance will deminish our love and relationship with Jehovah. I felt very insulted and angry at this thought. I remember someone asking me how do you know you won't lose the love? I said, Just as I know I won't murder someone. I don't need daily reminders to not commit murder. (well, with roadrage lately Maybe)

5. I am not with direction and goals as I once was. I have retreated in this fight for life. And regrouping, rethinking and reorganizing. Some of the greatest wars won had lost many battles.

Thats my thoughts and I'm sticking to it.

I can definately relate to what your saying. Here are my 'thoughts.' 1. I think He looks for good hearted people...some of them are unbalanced and many are later trained and conditioned to be that way. 2. I don't believe He does, it just turns out that way...often. 3. & 4. I agree with you. Our love of God can stand by itself, we don't need constant meeting attendance to maintain it. I don't attend any meetings, I pray regularly and maintain a good and close relationship with God on my own. 5. Yes, I'm reclaiming my life back too. Questioning everything I was once programed to accept as Truth and deciding for myself what is right and what is not...And NO it isn't Satanic to do so!

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    And how we are led to believe that loss of meeting attendance will deminish our love and relationship with Jehovah. I felt very insulted and angry at this thought. I remember someone asking me how do you know you won't lose the love? I said, Just as I know I won't murder someone. I don't need daily reminders to not commit murder.

Phenomenal. Love it. Thanks for that. That is going into my toolbox of reasoning. . .

-ithinkisee

• under74
    under74
    I am not with direction and goals as I once was.
    And regrouping, rethinking and reorganizing.

It's good to lose direction. The confusion sometimes is a pain in the ass but I've found that if you get through the initial confusion or at least live with it you usually realize a different direction to go in. Some form or instance of clarity hits you sooner or later. But you probably know this already so I probably sound like I'm preaching to the choir...

Anyway, good post purplesofa. Oh, and love your avatar.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks everyone.

I feel like I'm in a movie

PeeWee's Big Adventure

Plane, Trains, and Automobiles........

everyday is different.

Have a good day!!

• theotherside
    theotherside

Its sad when you are taught that God is so shallow and petty that we got 2 constantly question his love 4 all. In the process we become shallow people in our view of the world and the people in it. When we unlearn this, the whole world opens up it seems and the way we see people, which is now the way God sees them.....so dont stop thinking Purp you got us all thinking

• jgnat
    jgnat

Marrrrvelous, clear thoughts! Well worth the effort, purplesofa, to regroup and rethink things.

I agree, does God seek out "weak ones" who need to be fed frequently, like babies? Aren't we all marrrrrvelous creation of God, capable of deep thought?

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I enjoyed your thoughts Purplesofa.You are obviously too much of a thinker to be a loyal jw,like most of us here

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I think you need to change your name to Deep Purple.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I like the way you think!

If you compare the love between a husband and wife to a Witness and the organization think about it this way.

The husband goes to Iraq, the wife stays faithful but she doesn't go eat at the restaurant that was their favorite Friday night ritual place say Pizza City or whatever, in fact she stays at home eating home cooked meals and waits the 18 months for his return and does remain faithful to her husband and loves him just as much. If someone came along and critisized her for NOT going to Pizza City every Friday night and wanted to haul her into a judicial meeting over that, it wouldn't make any sense.

Now going back to a person who loves God. Just because they aren't attending meetings, going through the Watchtower middle man, doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean diddly squat. The relationship between a person and God is PERSONAL and doesn't need to involve any middle man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit