Does anyone remember this travesty of justice?

by berylblue 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

You won't get any argument from me that MJ is a nutcase. But being a nutcase does not necessariliy mean one is a pedophile. Too many persons simply cannot see the difference.
    This is true. While I can see Micheal doing some inappropriate stuff with kids, I'm not entirely convinced that he's a child molester. What he needs to do, is get some therapy. And regardless of the outcome of his trial, he should NOT be allowed to have children sleep over in his bed ever again........I mean for crissakes, he needs to grow up and start acting his age instead of his shoe size. There's a hysterical juggernaut with psychologists, therapists etc. when it comes to child abuse. About 5 years ago, I spoke to a therapist about my upbringing, about the religion and how I was treated by my father. He yelled alot at us and we were spanked for things that we should have never been spanked for. However, my therapist immediately asked me if he ever abused me sexually. I was stunned. I said "God no! Why would you ask me that?!" She then insinuated that I was "in denial"........I started getting angry and informed her that while my father wasn't perfect, he certainly was no pedophile." She eyed me warily, as though looking for signs........I finally had enough of her crap and I left and never went back. There is a witch hunt out for pedophiles just like there was 350 years ago for witches. It's human nature to go overboard on matters instead of being balanced and it shows up in the worst imaginable ways, like this.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    I was stunned. I said "God no! Why would you ask me that?!" She then insinuated that I was "in denial"........I started getting angry and informed her that while my father wasn't perfect, he certainly was no pedophile." She eyed me warily, as though looking for signs........I finally had enough of her crap and I left and never went back.

Junk psychology is a terrible plague.

berylblue, I wish you good luck with your book. I think it's greatly needed.

• lawrence
    lawrence

I well remember the travesty, what a charade of total hysteria, incompetence, and the depravity of a common mob of thugs. Justice system, my ass. A person today must stay clear of anything and everything otherwise the judges are ready in robes, ready to dispatch the legal system, the prison system, the vicarious witnesses and jury folk. Under the radar is the mantra.

• toladest
    toladest

I believe that Michael Jackson is mentally unstable. I do not believe that MAKES him a pedophile. I am not saying he isn't, as I do not know first hand. But I keep hearing all this stuff about how he has the profile of a pedophile, but I don't see it. I have known WAY TOO MANY pedophiles in my life. I myself was molested. I have a relative that was just released from prison last year for molestation, I grew up with next to 3 of molesters (father and 2 adult sons), my friend in elementary school's father is serving 40 years and my BEST friend's father is a pedophile.

Michael is definately weird but but enjoying being near kids doesn't make him a molester. If it did then we should arrest all teachers and others that work with kids. When I lived in Florida I used to volunteer at my kids school. The paranoia ran so deep that teachers were not allowed to touch their students in ANY affectionate manner. Kids in K-2nd grades would try to give a teacher a hug and the teacher was REQUIRED to push the child away! It was very sad. Some of these kids came from homes were you KNEW they never got a hug and yet at school they were pushed away.

Michael seems to me more like he is stuck in his childhood. Kids LOVE sleepovers. Kids LOVE playing with other kids. Kids look at things in a much more innocent way. I think this makes Michael mentally unstable and I certainly would not allow my children to be near him just as I wouldn't allow them near other mentally unstable persons. (there is a difference between "unstable" and "treated and stable")

As far as the accuser goes, I will not sit hear and say he is lying about the abuse as I was not there, but it doesn't help his case that his family seem to be extortionists and that he described himself on the stand as a troublemaker.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Tal

Being around Valis has thoroughly corrupted me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit