During my two trips to Bethel in the early 90's. MR. Coffee

by PaNiCAtTaCk 18 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    My Bethel "friends" said, "Don't talk to them."

I can see their reasoning from a JW perspective. Why waste time preaching to people who have no money to donate? We have many homeless in Toronto, but I never met a JW who would talk to them.

Walter

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

I feel sorry for the guy....but

BTW the bethelite that ran him over was nicknamed unofficially as coffee-creamer... lame bethel joke.

was just to funny.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:I used to make up sandwiches and get juice cans and give them to the one on the bench and we would chat.

Thats very sweet Blondie. I used to ignore aposates, wouldnt even look at them. Ugg.

This Mr Coffee guy sounds like a hoot, I wish we could get him on here.

GBL

• minimus
    minimus

I remember him, too. He gave the Bethelites great joy.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I remember Mr. Coffee as well as Margaret, which was not her real name, but she was called that because she hung out in the Margaret Hotel across from the 107 Columbia Heights building where I lived. Margaret would swear at the Bethelites who walked by in her crackly voice, especially the black brothers. It was funny to hear her belch out obscenities and the brothers (unless they were new boys) found her quite amusing. One day a friend went up to her in the middle of one of her screeches and said calmly, "Why Margaret, what a pretty dress you have on!" She stopped midstream and said "Why, thank you!" So funny. Then she disappeared, I think the city shipped her off or something, don't know. This was in the mid to late 70's.

Randy

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Back in the llate 50s/early60s there was a guy that picketed headquarters frequently. I won't give his name...but initials were WN. He had been engaged to a Bethel "sister" who then dumped him and married another dub. WN was furious, and claimed it was unscriptural and that she should be made to fulfill her agreement to marry him. He was from Massachusetts. My mother was the one who brought him into the "troof" .WN was disfellowshipped.

Coffee.... who's not related to "Mr. Coffee"

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Why was Mr. Coffee so pissed anyways? Like I mean, personally?

GBL

• Badger
    Badger

When I temped up there, I remember one of his rants about former celeb JWs...

"Mickey Spillaine! Michael Jackson! Mickey Spillaine! Michael Jackson!"

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mr coffee qualifies as an ot prophet. They used to yell and scream, and do other wierd things.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit