Is it best to ignore it?

by happehanna 22 Replies latest members private

• happehanna
    happehanna

Thank you dragon lady.

It has helped to post it here and get it off my chest with friends who understand.

Do you think they should get to see the wedding photos?

• talesin
    talesin

My choice goes like this,,,

do not stoop to their level and deny them bliss ... show them the pics ... be the better person

t

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I would show them the wedding pictures and make sure to rave about what a beautiful wedding it was and what a great time was had by all, then say "It's such a shame you couldn't make it".

Dragonlady76

• Valis
    Valis

eh send them invites anyway. That is the classy thing to do. ..with a personal message saying you would keep it confidential if they came....eheheh then watch them all show up..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Yes, take the high road. Send them the invites with personal notes. You might include that HIS JW family is coming, and you're looking forward to having them at the wedding.

Do send them a picture and let them know what a good time was had by all, and how they were missed. If you get a pic with HIS family in it, especially where you're family would also be in it and would obviously stand out as missing, THAT would be the pic to send..... talk to the photographer on that one! He can stand the people accordingly for that shot.

Otherwise, have fun with the wedding. Remember, it's their loss, and loving reminder to that is not out of bounds.....

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

I would take the high road but I would at least let them know you resent their not attending. I would not let them off scott free without any reprimand. It is not ok afterall to be unsupportive of your daughter and her decision to marry a wonderful man. It is rude and unloving of them as her grandparents to make it a point not to attend her wedding (the biggest day of her life). They need to know that their self-righteous actions are viewed as unloving, selfish and unsupportive. I wouldn't care whether they are brainwashed or not. They are choosing not to attend and there should be consequences for that choice.

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

I'm with Valis...send them an invitation, keep the lines open, but don't waste your time trying to get them to change their mind...it's their loss and they are the ones who will live with the fact that they missed out on a very special day and for what? IF they send a gift (they can still do that right?) then send a picture of the couple from the wedding in the thank you note. Take the high road. It's not easy but it's the best way to go!

Sad...but congrats to your daughter & your new son-in-law!

SK

• JW83
    JW83

Hi, I definitely agree with Brenda. It might be better if they don't come with that attitude, though. My parents came to my wedding at the last minute, and my dad sat at the reception for hours with a glum face. It was awful & I have horrible memories of the whole thing!

• happehanna
    happehanna

Thankyou for all your kind comments and suggestions.

My daughter has sent invitation to them and will send a strong letter to them if they do not RSVP. They did see their great grandson last year and they travelled some distance to see him, so my daughter is thinking she doesn't want them to see him again if they wont acknowledge her marriage. I want her to show them love and not be mean spirited but she is an adult. I can understand her reasoning she is not baptised and only went along to meetings as a child, she has not done anything wrong and has always been a loving grandchild and neice.

I feel caught in the middle she wants a reason from them that makes sense seems they are being unreasonable hwereas his parents also JWs are happy even delighted to attend.

I am sorry JW83 that your dad did not enjoy the wedding, it must of been really awkward.

SK you are right I will do my best to keep the door open to my parents and show them the love they inconsistantly show us.

Valis my daughter is very classy and has sent them beautiful invitations but now they have said they wont come, there will be no changing their minds.

Adelmaal your comments really made me think, thank you they do need to know that we are upset and view their action (or lack of) unacceptable.

Brenda your suggestion about the photo is a brilliant one thanks!

• Golf
    Golf

If you did your part in sending invitations and they refuse, so be it! Why ruin any event just because they refuse attending? Their refusal will hurt, but then again, make the most of a happy occasion!

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit