What the Bleep do we know? Movie a must see!!!!

by Balsam 54 Replies latest social entertainment

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    More dangerous, more greedy, and more seedy than the WTBTS. Let the viewer beware.

Robyn, I would not disagree with that.

It begs the question: why must we beware?

Watching the mind, I have found immeasurable instances of chronic identity construction within thought. In fact for most of my life most all of the minds activity was idol engraving: continual and frantic weaving and forming a life-story and identity. It was an unquestioned automatic phenomena that passed as natural and sane. That's why religions and groups can be so dangerous, as we come to incorporate their beliefs and dogma into our sense of "self"; and then because of a tendency for self-preservation we may come to kill or die for them.

In the same way, beliefs in Jesus, can be most deadly. We can listen and hear some of the words attributed to him and so then be motivated to look deeper within our sense of being and existence; and perhaps then awaken to the actual truth of what we are. Unfortunately, it seems far more likely we will become enslaved in a religious identity and dogma which supports a sense of lack and need of future salvation; and so blinding consciousness to it's inherent wholeness right now.

So perhaps the only message I am attempting to put forth is: indeed, be aware. This moment be consciously open and aware of the dynamics of thought and emotions. See them for what they really are; and more importantly come to see what is seeing -- really IS.

j

• VM44
    VM44

I do not endorse this movie or anything in it!

However, some people might want to view the Study Guide that goes with the movie.

Here is a link to the Noetic Sciences webpage where the Study Guide may be downloaded.--VM44

http://www.whatthebleep.com/guide/

• Robdar
    Robdar

James, I couldn't have said it better.

You have a gift of expression that is a pleasure to read.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Robyn and Navigator if you hear something harmonious, then it is your own wisdom singing the melody. Thank you for your kind words though.

j

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Again, I feel the value in the movie was not in the movie, so much as in allowing oneself to crack open the lid of our coffin. We do this by openly looking and investigating into our own cherished definitions of "self" and what we believe the rest of the universe to be.

Way cool James. Well said as always.

I've only seen 30 or 40 minutes of this flick, but I was seriously intrigued and curious. Not by the Ramtha chick (actually I really was not at all interested in what she had to say) but the freedom of allowing my mind to wander to wherever it felt like going as I watched the film. But I would like to watch this film and talk about it over a bottle of wine.

Maybe there's a cult message in this maybe not. Dunno. But I'd like to see the whole thing and then make my judgment.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit