What the Bleep do we know? Movie a must see!!!!

by Balsam 54 Replies latest social entertainment

• Terry
    Terry

Ramtha (a.k.a. J.Z. Knight)

jz.jpg (17809 bytes)

Ramtha is a 35,000 year-old spirit-warrior who appeared in J.Z. Knight’s kitchen in Tacoma, Washington in 1977. Knight claims that she is Ramtha’s channel. She also owns the copyright to Ramtha and conducts sessions in which she pretends to go into a trance and speaks Hollywood’s version of Elizabethan English in a guttural, husky voice. She has thousands of followers and has made millions of dollars performing as Ramtha at seminars ($1,000 a crack) and at her Ramtha School of Enlightenment, and from the sales of tapes, books, and accessories (Clark and Gallo 1993). She must have hypnotic powers. Searching for self-fulfillment, otherwise normal people obey her command to spend hours blindfolded in a cold, muddy, doorless maze. In the dark, they seek what Ramtha calls the ‘void at the center.’

Knight says she used to be “spiritually restless,” but not any more. Ramtha from Atlantis via Lemuria has enlightened her. He first appeared to her, she says, while she was in business school having extraordinary experiences with UFOs. She must have a great rapport with her spirit companion, since he shows up whenever she needs him to put on a performance. It is not clear why Ramtha would choose Knight, but it is very clear why Knight would choose Ramtha: fame and fortune, or simple delusion.

Knight claims to believe that she's lived many lives. If so, one wonders what she needs Ramtha for: she's been there, done that, herself, in past lives. She ought to be able to speak for herself after so many reincarnations.

Knight claims that spirit or consciousness can "design thoughts" which can be "absorbed" by the brain and constructed "holographically". These thoughts can affect your life. If this means what I think it means, then Knight has taken the notion of proving the obvious to new heights: she has discovered that one's thoughts can affect one's life.

Knight not only has rewritten the book on neurology, she has also rewritten the book on archaeology and history. The world was not at all like the scholars of the world say it was 35,000 years ago. We were not primitive hunters and gatherers who liked to paint in caves. No, there were very advanced civilizations around then. It doesn't matter that there is no evidence for this, because Knight has rewritten the book of evidence as well. Evidence is what appears to you, even in visions and hallucinations and delusions. Evidence is anything you feel like making up. So, when you are told that Ramtha came first from Lemuria in the Pacific Ocean, do not seek out scholars to help you understand that ancient civilization because the scholars of the world do not believe Lemuria existed except as a fantasy. When you are told that the Lemurians were a great civilization from the time of the dinosaurs, do not expect to be burdened with evidence. There isn't any evidence. The only mammals around at the time of the dinosaurs were primitive and non-hominid, very much like lemurs. Maybe the Lemurians were really lemurs. No, the Lemurians came from "beyond the North star," according to Knight, which may explain why all humans ever since have looked to the sky with longing.

But as cool as Lemuria was, it could not compare with its counterpart in the Atlantic Ocean. Knight's story of Ramtha in Atlantis is too bizarre to retell. Let's just say that Ramtha was a warrior who appeared to Edgar Cayce and leave it at that. Her story is appealing to those who are not comfortable in today's world. The past must have been better. It must have been safer then, and people must have been nobler. This message is especially appealing to people who feel like misfits.

Ramtha, like Christ, ascended into heaven, after his many conquests, including the conquest of himself. He said he'd be back and he kept his promise by coming to Knight in 1977 while she was in her pyramidiot phase. She put a toy pyramid on her head and lo and behold if that wasn't a signal for Ramtha to return to the land of the living dead:

And he looked at me and he said: "Beloved woman, I am Ramtha the Enlightened One, and I have come to help you over the ditch" And, well, what would you do? I didn't understand because I am a simple person so I looked to see if the floor was still underneath the chair. And he said: "It is called the ditch of limitation", and he said: "And I am here, and we are going to do a grand work together."*

Apparently, the first rule of the wise is: beware the ditch of limitation. Knight's husband-to-be must have fallen into the ditch. He was there at the time Ramtha first invaded his girlfriend's body, but he was so busy lining up pyramids with a compass that he didn't see Ramtha. He did feel The Enlightened One's magnetic charm, however; for, according to Knight (and who wouldn't believe her?), the compass needle was spinning around madly and they saw "ionization" in the kitchen air.

Ramtha then became Knight's personal tutor for two years, teaching her everything from theology to quantum mechanics. He taught her how to have out-of-body experiences. The experience was so extraordinary she had to dig very deep for a metaphor to try to convey the bliss she felt: "I felt like....like a fish in the ocean."

Her big break came when her son, Brandy, developed "an allergic reaction to life." He had to have a few shots but he was allergic to the allergy shots. Fortunately, "the Ram" (as Knight calls her spirit invader) came to the rescue and taught her therapeutic touch. She healed Brandy with prayer and her touch "in less than a minute," greatly reducing her medical bills. She had performed a miracle and now nothing would stop her from entering the public arena.

Ramtha the feminist

Perhaps the reason J.Z. Knight is so successful in getting followers and students is that Ramtha is a feminist. (Although, the fact that Knight is quite attractive herself might have something to do with her success.) He recognized that if he appeared in his own masculine body, he would perpetuate the myth that God is male and further contribute to the eternal abuse of women.

That's what he said. So women have been abused by men, and herded by men through religion to perform according to those religious doctrines, and in fact, women were despised by Jehovah. So, he said: "It is important that when the teachings come through, they come through the body of a woman."*

This feminization of God must be pleasing to people who are tired of masculine divinities. According to Knight, Ramtha will help people master their humanity and “open our minds to new frontiers of potential.”

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Chris, I saw this movie............it was awesome........really tied in to my own perceptions of the universe we are surrounded by............you'll enjoy it!!!

Terri

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey Terri! How ya doing?

Thanks, I'm curious about it. Although now I'm wondering about it what with this (apparently) cult think involved. Still won't hurt to watch it. I'm going to try to see it tonight.

Chris

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

This movie is one of the largest wheelbarrow loads of bullshit I have seen in quite a while. I love the part where they show the well-known hoax of that guy who took microscopic pictures of liquid water and compared them with ice, saying the difference is in pasting emotive words on the vials. Also, the fact that quantum physics opens up new questions and possible theories is no reason to push new-age pseudo-science. For the rational thinkers out there, don't waste your time.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection..... The central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower,yes the reason the Watchtower came into existence was to declare Jesus second coming in 1914.When the prophecy (derived from William Miller of 1842) failed they said that he came "invisibly".

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection and sealing of the 'anointed' so the entire wts doctrinal superstructure comes crashing down like a house of cards. The above submission i am sure of,that being said i will see the movie as i am a techy science fiction geek from way back.

• joenobody
    joenobody

One of the biggest pieces of crap I have ever seen. It's pseudo-science, New Age babblegook. Their supposed authorities are minor profs at various universities, not a single dept head. Pretty amusing cult material for Ramtha. I found it very insulting to my intelligence - it's the same smug "we know something you don't know" mindset that JWs have.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Joe I've always liked your avatar. I remember when you first snagged it.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    I'm going to try to see it tonight.

Nice try. We ended up with a Harry Potter movie (again) and then paused it halfway through to have an animated metaphysical psychological type discussion.

I like what I saw of that movie, though, and I want to see it all the way through.

Nina

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It ws rally nt tht grat...

• Mulan
    Mulan

I really enjoyed the movie and thought one of the people talking looked familiar. At the end I learned it was:
    Interesting film put out by members of the Ramtha Cult. A group that gets New Age advice and wisdom from a 35 thousand-year dead warrior who is channeled by a woman by the name of J. Z. Knight.

That group is near here, and used to get a lot of publicity. I think they are a bunch of crackpots and it took most of the credibility away from the movie. Their cult has had a big drop in numbers and most people here don't think much of them.

As Mega said, it had some interesting points on quantum physics and reality.

The above is what I said last March. I feel the same now, but maybe a little embarrassed that I enjoyed it. I know more now and realize a lot of it was fiction. J.Z. Knight has no credibility in our area and she lives here. I only wish I had known that cult was behind it before I spent the money to go see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit