Do they still use the Live forever book?

by Pwned 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pwned
    Pwned

just wondering

• blondie
    blondie

They "updated" it with the Knowledge book. Now they only push it as a book for your "JW" library or as an older publication to push in December to get it out of inventory.

km 12/03 p. 7 Announcements ***

Literature offer for December: The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived. As an alternative offer, you may use The Bible?God?s Word or Man?s?, My Book of Bible Stories, or You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth.

• FDS
    FDS

To add to Blondie's statements, no it is not used BUT if an interested person desires to start a study with it because they had one for a while, it would be used and then they would progress to the Knowledge book. In fact, the Society claims that the Knowledge book is the only publication that one needs to find the "truth".....

FDS

• M.J.
    M.J.

It contains statements revealing their position on issues that they'd prefer to gloss over nowdays. Like that you need to become associated with the org to earn eternal life.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Blondie is correct - they have a campaign once per year to run down stocks the have at various Bethels around the world -otherwise rarely used or referrred to

• sting
    sting

No I was told recently by a Witness that they don't use it because of new light!!!

Actually it's because it mentions the 1914 date which is a bit of an embarrassment now!

• joelbear
    joelbear

I think its interesting to note the change in titles of the main teaching books through the yeas.

40s and 50s -- Let God be True

60s and 70s - The Truth the Leads to Eternal Life

80s and 90s - You Can Live Forever in Paradise

Current - Knowledge that leads to Everlasting Life

The truth no longer appears, now it is just knowledge

• Neo
    Neo
    Blondie is correct - they have a campaign once per year to run down stocks the have at various Bethels around the world -otherwise rarely used or referrred to

I'm familiar with that, and for me it's definitive proof that the WT is just a printing company and that the leaders really don't care about the readers' "spirituality." The Live Forever book is still placed in service (if the cong has it in stock), yet this very same book teaches "old light" like the generation that would not pass. So they show their true colors by revealing that they want to get the donations from those books even if it implies placing outdated "spiritual food" with the householders. Money comes first for the WT, not spirituality. Think of that!

Neo

• FDS
    FDS

Hello Neo, you're right of course but placement of "older publications" into the hands of the public mostly in "remote territory" has been done for quite a while. In fact older publications were pushed to poor sheep like ones who could not afford publications and IF they needed to clear out some stock. As for "old light", they were still selling the "studies in the scriptures" well into the 1960s! My hall has the Revelation book well in stock and this is quite old too. I did notice that God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years has Approached! is out of stock in many Halls...

FDS

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

But they can't replace the "Live forever" book! The very first edition contains a letter which states "As long as Jehova draws back the great tribulation we want to use this aid in our lifesaving work" (own words because of translation)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit