Where do you think evil (or bad behavior) comes from?

by wordlywife 39 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh
    can lead to sick stuffs

i love it when you speak english frenchy

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

there is a huge book titled EVIL

and compares real world evil to hollywood evil...

a basic conclusion is that overall what one man calls evil is what he sees someone else doing and does not understand their

reasons for doing it, yet when he does virtually the very same things, he can justify them.

so evil is what HE does, but not what I do in many cases.

I am careful, you are frugal, he is cheap.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

...from the producers of JackAss.

-BONEZZ

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    This begs me to ask you the question... In these examples do you think the 'evil' began by their being curious, or did it only become 'evil' when they took a liking to satisfying that curiosity?

I think that in part, it may be an inability to empathise with others or "those not self". The kid pulling off the butterfly's wing might just act out of the impulse, but if he for just a moment froze and went over his thinking process, he might ask himself, "Would I like it if a stronger-bigger-than-me-thing pulled my arms off?"

Now, what if some stupid punk is mugging someone. What if he for just a moment, stopped and thought, "This woman is someone's mother. If some idiot did this to my mom, I'd be pissed."

I believe that everything we do, think, and even feel, is by our choice. I think that it is when we are aware of our choices and the consequences of our choices, to ourselves and others, that we tend to be less evil. That is not an absolute.

• one
    one

Wordly wife,

" Where do you think evil (or bad behavior) comes from? "

That is the most important question that has been presented in this board... it goes to the root of many other topics on this board.

I have been thinking about it for many years.

The answer provided by the WT may be partially right.

I have observed how muliple unrelated/nonconected persons, for no apparent reason, behave or commit evil acts in sync or support of other evil acts, just like a conspiracy in which there is a central control.

In some cases the unrelated/nonconnected persons have a common contact point (another individidual) but in many cases there is not a common contact individual, group or government that can be identified.

A couple of month ago someone started a related thread: "are humans intrinsically bad" or something like that.

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

One-

What is the answer provided by the WT? Just Satan and a band of demons, that is why people do the heinous things we see?

A question to myself is

WW, of the not studied much WT literature class, only an occasional WT or Awake................

• eljefe
    eljefe

Evil comes from the voices in my head that tell me stuff...

Sometimes a little devils appears on my shoulder and tells me to do stuff. Then a little angel appears and tells me to do good. I listen to one or the other at random.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

the tree of knowledge of good and evil is a good place to start, what is the story behind the story?

the author seems to recognize prior to the concepts of good and evil there is only paradise, reailty compared to reality is perfect... but if you take upon yourself the power to determine good and evil paradise is lost....but why?

what does it take to decide what is good and what is evil? often overlooked is the necessity for an ideal.... without an ideal to compare events to they are simply events, not good not evil. the bible presents the torah or the law as the ideal which according to myth resided with God prior to creation and represented the standard by which all acts would be judged.... the tree of knowledge did not represent the divider between good and evil, but rather the ability to create ones own ideals apart from God's and decide what is good and evil for oneself...an ability that God forbid humans to possess.

[which btw, shows the author did not believe God was all knowing, since an all knowing God would not have a concept of good nor evil... he would simply know all events and their would not be a point to compare them to an ideal which would be a falsehood as it would not represent reality in any instant of time.]

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

i love it when you speak english frenchy

thank you, Jude Law errr... I mean DH !
    I love that language I'm just not that good in it (but it seems like people like it this way ... Cool )

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

JT, you make my head hurt... LOL

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit