Peaceful Forest Gump or Tormented Pablo Picasso?

by GetBusyLiving 31 Replies latest social current

• Preston
    Preston

Nothing should be worth anyone's piece of mind. ......Ugh....as much as I hate to chose, I better chose a simpleton.

- Preston

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

*becomes uneasy that Merry is formulating such a long response. Considers running for it*

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

what??? oh, I'm sorry. I'm so easily distracted!!! I was reading that thread about... about... how to please your dimwit and/or tortured soul of a husband... was that it? I'm also quite easily confused. I need some headship, please.

And, if I had to choose, I would rather be the tortured genius, which I already am <trying not to crack up laughing> and I would also rather be with a tortured genius and be his tortured muse... or not

~Merry

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

My brother has autism and in some ways you might call him a Forrest Gump style simpleton, as he is completely oblivious to the subtle shades of human social interactions. He isn't contented though, you might actually call him a tortured simpleton. There is nothing romantic about him, his life has really been quite tragic, though of course he doesn't understand this as he doesn't have the sort of imagination that would allow him to dream of being different than he is.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Oh, and Big Dog...

Who sat down and wept? You and Miss Jeannie? Hmmmph. Well at least you have a handkerchief to dry your eyes with. I'm going to find somewhere else to swoon...<storms off>

~Merry

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

I choose to be pablo................................NERUDA. Damn could he write!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    I'm going to find somewhere else to swoon...<storms off>

LOL Actually, Merry, it seems we have similar taste in poetry... I like Poe too...

J

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Sorry to hear about your bro, DanTheMan.. I've got some family issues too that I don't much like to talk about. Maybe one day I'll bore you guys with my life story. I personally would choose Pablo but would like to be able to revert to Forest once in a while.

GBL

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Very cool, Jeannie... "I stand amid the roar of a surf-tormented shore..."

I'm sorry about your brother's difficulties, too, DantheMan. I've never had the opportunity to be close to someone in that situation and so have no idea what it must be like.

~Merry

• Valis
    Valis

Life is like a box of dirty needles...ya never know what yer gonna get..

Forest Bump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit