Peaceful Forest Gump or Tormented Pablo Picasso?

by GetBusyLiving 31 Replies latest social current

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

A while back when I was a witness I was reading a book with some dubblie friends that asked interesting questions to spark conversation and debate. One of the questions was this: if you had could choose to live a life as an entirely content simpleton (Forest Gump) or a tortured genius (Pablo Picasso) what would you choose? I was really taken aback when a lot of my friends said that they would choose to be Forest.

What would you choose and why?

GBL

• love11
    love11

Movies seem to glamorize even the life of a retarded person. But in the real world, people like Forest probably wouldn't be buying stocks with Apple Computers before it hit big. I feel like people will always want to take the easy road if given the choice. But I would choose the tormented artist anyday over a retarded individual. At least I'd be remembered for greatness.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I guess choosing to be an ex-wit kinda already answers the question.

GBL

• avishai
    avishai

Was picasso really that tortured?

• love11
    love11

If Picasso was "tortured" , tie me up!!!!!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Neither... I'd be a princess!!

J

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I heard he was man, yeah.

GBL

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

**sits down in front of a huge pipe organ after throwing his cape back over his shoulder and begins playing Bach fuge in D minor while cackling madly*** Why, I am a mad tortured genius, can't you tell?

Being mad, bad, and dangerous to know is sooooo much more fun.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I don't know if I'd wanna be a genius. I think the novelty would wear off, if I had to be around all the "commoners" of simpler minds. It would probably get annoying.

To be a Forrest would make you easily pleased. Wouldn't take much to make ya happy.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

They have drugs now that can help the torture of being a genious... I know, I'm on them! ha!

They don't have drugs for dumbasses. They also don't have drugs for those who are mentally/IQ challenged.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit