Evil SMURFS?

by marked 17 Replies latest jw friends

• marked
    marked

Okay, what's the deal with the Smurfs?

I've heard mention here and there about some 80s rumours regarding demonized Smurfs (or something) that got JWs in a panic. I remember when I was a kid my aunt telling my mother about Smurf dolls with blood on them walking around, I think. Of course, my mother made me stop watching the cartoon, citing my nightmares as the reason why.

What's the "real" story?

marked

• Dustin
    Dustin

I really don't know. I just remember wierdos at the hall saying they saw a Smurf drinking from the fountain, and weird stuff like that. It was just strange. I too was banished from watching it, and told it was demonic. I would like to know who started that whole JW urban legend.

Dustin

• freedom96
    freedom96

I was told that smurf dolls were actually demons, and that some of the stuffed smurf dolls had tried to kill some kids.

Oh my, what some of the JW's actually believed.

• moanzy
    moanzy

I was told back when the smurfs were demonized that someone who worked at the factory was demonized and touched one of the dolls and it became possessed

Moanzy

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Maybe the JWs got the Smurfs mixed up with Chucky, the evil doll who came to life in the film "Childs Play."

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I heard that a smurf tried to take a short notice talk in the main school. When the overseer told him that he would have to become a publisher first he gave him the middle finger in front of the entire congregation and said 'Screw you. I've had enough of this shit.' and stormed out of the hall.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

lmfao @ GBL

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

LMAO ... overhere, we didn't think smurfs were evillll or demonzzz. So i can't help lmao everytime i hear or read about the smurfs. My god, you actually believed that, did you? Lol (sorry )

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

its not only the smurfs which were victimised by the WTS, there were plenty other programmes on tv which got the thumbs down in the UK, such as The Moomins, Rentaghost, Ghostbusters, Gremlins.

It isnt fun being a JW...kids cant have fun...they must instead act out bible dub stories which are just as twisted as some of the stuff on TV....

• exjwshell
    exjwshell

After 18 years out of the dubs, I'm still scared to death of smurfs! At an assembly in the 80's we heard all kinds of "demon possessed" smurf stories...one smurf bit a baby at the Hall, one ran down someone's stairs screaming, one shook a little girl's bed...one smurf started screaming when a brother tried to burn it...it was so scary! As ridiculous as it sounds it was traumatizing as a young child hearing all of these scary stories.

~Shell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit