Can anyone help with info to refute only 144,000 going to heaven?

by The Leological One 35 Replies latest jw friends

• love11
  • The Leological One
    The Leological One

Thanks Heathen~! At the Guitarmaggedon, we were allowed to choose one backing track out of 18, with styles of blues, rock, gospel, punk, metal, etc... I kinda' chose a metal-ish style track that was fun to play to, but basically we just shred all over the tracks whatever we could come up with~!

Oh, yeah; I agree with you regarding the WT, though I can appreciate some of the morals it encourages; I would say I appreciate all the morals, but then so many people here and my wife have experienced the caste system, as it were, and a general lack of empathy that I'm not sure I could or would blame on the people individually so much as on the way the organization seems to promote the cliques/popularity.

My wife got DF'd for hooking up with me before we got married, though we got married about a couple weeks at most after her DF'ing, and they knew we were to be married so soon. I hate to see how people can't even talk to their own families anymore and just think that policy is totally ignorant and am even surprised the WT's kept up its membership so well with that policy in place~!

Sorry to hear about the car accident . Guitarmaggedon , sounds pretty cool . What is that like free style stuff , write your own songs or how well you do copy stuff?

I would rest assured that the WTBTS is f'd up from top to bottom . You never did mention what the wife got the big DF over to begin with .

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

Thanks again Heathen for this post~!

I wish she would have been in the mood to celebrate her DF'ing (BTW, she saw a thread about the apostafest and thought the name was really cool!), but maybe someday she'll feel a lot better about herself outside the org, and I'm hoping that somehow or other she'll eventually be able to talk to her family again. I like your take on the 144k (and need to read some of the longer replies and links still, too!).

Thanks again,

Leonard

If we knew where you lived we would have an apostafest in your town and celebrate the DFing . LOL Maybe cheer her up a little . It's always better to know you aren't alone .

I think it depends on how you look at what the bible is saying . The kingdom of the heavens is simply the city of new jerusalem that lands on earth during the great tribulation . The WTBTS just does not get the picture at all , even tho they wrote about it in the climax book they went ahead and trashed it like it wasn't real, when it is . The 144k are chosen to be co rulers with christ for a thousand years but the great crowd is allowed to enter the city and worship thus they are portrayed as being in heaven . The 144k are also portrayed as being killed prior to the millenial reign for bearing witness to jesus but the great crowd will walk out of this world and into the kingdom without dying and partake in the marriage feast of the lamb . Now that's my story and I'm sticking to it .........

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

Love11,

Thanks so much for your great post~! I appreciate you sharing all that and can say I feel that's exactly what my wife's been going through, though she's also had some anger at how her DF'ing occurred (the discussion with the elders). I haven't had the chance to read your story yet (and will after I finish this response ), but I have the feeling you, my wife, and so many other JW's/ex-JW's have felt the same type of pain and loneliness as well as feeling so negative about each person's self. I hate to see how that's occurred and to so many people out there, and I hope you, my wife, and so many of the others that've been hurt find a full peacefulness and will fully be healed of the damages that have been inflicted over long periods of time.

Thanks again,

Leonard

• heathen
    heathen

Glad you like my assessment on the 144k . I can prove it scripturally and the WTBTS denies that jesus will return to earth to rule instead of staying in heaven , which is a lie . I can't believe they can discuss scripture so intently and accidently come to the wrong conclusions and that most will ignore what the bible says and take up immediately what the WTBTS has to say instead . I don't care how many hours you put in fields service it does not replace faith anyway . I never felt it was a womans place to do field service and preach the gospel door to door anyway . They have the poor things so brainwashed it's pitiful . She may miss her friends but I can't see how anybody can miss the manipulation .

anyway you never did answer my questions on guitarmaggedon . very curious here because I play as well .

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Another interesting thread (I had forgotten that one) on Christian millenarianism:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/75776/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit