Letter from Bethel

by observer 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

The WTS is so backward and reactionary that it still hasn't learned a very simple thing:

"To get out of a hole, start by throwing away your shovel."

Farkel

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

And how is Erkii Kankaanpaa doing lately? Is he still Branch overseer there? I forget his name but there was a hardnosed Factory Overseer in Helsinki. He reminded me of Canada's Tom Jones and Jaracz in his personality (or lack thereof).

It is good to see how "Holy Spirit" is blessing his organization with increase ... oops wrong talk ... It is good to see how we are in the last days and the love of the greater number has been evidenced in cooling off"

Jehoover be praised.

Uzzah

• Preston
    Preston
    Or unreasonable time usage for pleasures, cottaging, amusements and traveling.

I too...at one point..spent way too much time making cottage cheese

- Preston

• metatron
    metatron

This is fantastic news. It shows they are still on the "King Rehoboam" course of action - just keep whipping and beating

the elders and the flock. Sometimes I worry that they are getting soft and ready to compromise but this is encouraging

because it pushes towards the dissolution of the organization, as we hope.

metatron

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    It shows they are still on the "King Rehoboam" course of action - just keep whipping and beating the elders and the flock.

How true!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day observer,

Thanks for bearing this news!

I was intrigued by this:

Almost hundred years ago first publishers representing the truth of Bible came to west coast of Finland

I understood there's just one coast in Finland. Do you refer to the Helsinki stretch as the "southern coast" perhaps?

Just wondering.

Cheers, Ozzie

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Excellent news!

It just goes to show that the WTS Leadership doesn't have a clue.

I remember a couple of years ago the CO asked the BOE what did we think was contributing to lower hours & meeting attendance. The elders were towing the company line saying, "The friends don't have the proper appreciation" and so on. I told the CO the friends are tired, it is difficult to maintain a JW schedule while working, taking care of family, etc. The CO wrote this down in his report to Society, but replied something to the affect of getting another job if it interferes with meetings.

• observer
    observer
    And how is Erkii Kankaanpaa doing lately? Is he still Branch overseer there?

Uzzah,

ozziepost,

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

It really drives home how absurd their position is if you put them in the place of any other corporation.

Imagine the board of Coke. Faced with declining sales, what do they do? Do they rethink their product? Maybe roll out some new lines? No. They launch a new nationwide campaign of intimidation of distributors who do not sell enough Coke. "Don't give us that, 'People aren't buying it' crap. Snap their heads back and slosh it down their throats if you have to! Just move our product!"

SNG

• TonyT
    TonyT

LMAO!!! Elsewhere. That was priceless!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit