Let's hear it for the Irish!

by Cygnus 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

A couple of years ago I listened to the audio book, abridged version, How The Irish Saved Civilization. Awesome.

Today I went to the book store and picked up Malachy McCourt's History of Ireland which looks to be a promising read. Then today Padraig Harrington won the Honda Classic.

Aye, Irish eyes are gleaming!

• MerryMagdalene
  • Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Erin go bragh!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Always have liked most anything Irish.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Sounds like a good read Cygnus. I love history and can spend hours reading about it. My knowledge of Irish history is a bit lacking but always find it facinating. Ive got a book that spans some English history from AD 70 to 1589, deals with the early begginings of England and how they became a dynasty. Let me know how the book goes when you finish reading it.

Ticker

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Erin go bragh!

Caught ya Syrup. *whistles "when irish eyes are smiling" merrily*

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Most of the great medeavel universities of Europe were started by Irish monks.

How many people know that St. Brendan discovered America in the 6th or 7th Century?

Whisky was invented so the Irish would not rule the world.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hey Cyg, if you like Irish history, check out the book "Trinity" by Leon Uris. It's historical fiction but still a great read.

Happy St Patrick's day yall.

Robyn

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Aye!

(loosens the seal on a fresh bottle of Rye and prepares for the 17th)

~Hill (7th Cav, Garry Owens Class)

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hey, if we kiss people that are Irish, should we eat people that are Danish?

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit