OMG! Revelation: A Grand Climax at Hand!

by Swan 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

I've been out longer than I thought.

When did they publish this book?

What a title! How Freudian!

Tammy

• blondie
    blondie

19988 and it has been studied at the book study 3 times

• catchthis
    catchthis

You have been out for a while. I think it came out sometime in the late 80's to early 90's. I believe we studied it around 3-4 times too.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Hey Swan, I mentioned on another thread about this book that I once had a revelation when I climaxed which was much more enlightening that the drivel in the publication you mention.

• Preston
    Preston
    19988 and it has been studied at the book study 3 times

These things usually come in threes don't they? Sorry, that was too good to pass up.... - Preston

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL @ Preston! Swan, how long have you been out? The book was released in '88. Same year as the Inshite book. It was followed up in the spring of '89 by a 'resolution campaign' distributing several Watchtowers with pictures of the Great Harlot on the cover. Those went over really well.

(Oh, and the title is actually "Its Grand Climax", not "A". But still.)

• Swan
    Swan

I wasn't paying attention, I guess. I was disentangling back then. It was a slow process, but meetings, field service, and assemblies were getting fewer and fewer. I had stacks of unread Wt. and Awakes, so it's not surprising I didn't really look at the latest books that came out.

I wonder what Nathan Knorr would have said if he had seen that title?

What Armageddon advice would Jehovah God have given to Jesus? "Son only shake the Earth once. If you do it twice you are playing with it."

Tammy

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

ROFL, Swan! Unfortunately, it seems that the climax was to be presaged by the release of four winds. And of course, Jesus has not yet come, despite having been asked to for almost 2,000 years.

It also doesn't seem very flattering of the Witnesses to say that Jesus' coming would be the result of his invisible presence.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao... I think I'll manufacture and sell a dildo called The Revelation.

The packaging will say: "The Revelation: A Grand Climax at Hand!"

• Swan
    Swan
    Hey Swan, I mentioned on another thread about this book that I once had a revelation when I climaxed which was much more enlightening that the drivel in the publication you mention.

That's where I saw it. I couldn't believe I missed the double meaning. It is so obvious! But I had pretty much given up on the JWs by then except for working out my exit strategy. What did people think when they took that book to the door? Damn, I could have sold placed a ton of those! Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit