Remembering Jan Groenveld

by Sunspot 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

I never met Jan but it sounded like she was a wonderful woman.

Just wanted to pay my respects

es

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Es,

she was from Queensland and ran the Cult Awareness ministry from there which helped people from many cults, not just the dubs, to see clearly what they were in.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Jan Groenveld was a major source of comfort to me when leaving the JW's. I was a member of Women-Awake, and was so very supportive and loving to me when I was pregnant and making my transition period sans parents.

Thank you, Jan.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Most of Jan's posts here on JWD are in The best of.... JanG - Recovery info

Her webpage is still current since some people have decided to keep it online

Cult Awareness and Information Center

I met Jan initially on Women Awake. I was there only briefly but she made an impact.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thanks much for the reminder and the update, Lee.

hugs,

Annie

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

I remember Jan very fondly; never met her. but read her site long ago. most likely every page. i think when i first started posting here Jan was sending me emails and pm's. what a honest person. she liked my in your face style. while many posters here were calling me a nut case. she made me feel good for standing up to jw's and not backing down , I will never forget her. we need more x jw's like her. may she rest in peace... john

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes she was wonderful I met her at the "Witnesses For Jesus" in PA in 1990. She gave her testimony there .She had a GREAT sense of humor. ...
    I too was shocked when I heard of her death, she comforted me in my kids death, said nothing about her own suffering .

I bet she is enjoying the Loving reunion "UP THERE" with all of those that have passed over to the "other life everlasting" Thanks for the memories

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit