I'm confused

by fairchild 30 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    If you pray long enough you will get the milk man, post man, window cleaner, insurance salesman and god knows whoever else knocking on your door as well.

I've got $50 that says the window cleaner is a JW.

I said a similar prayer once and no one came, so I came to the conclusion that either god doesn't like me or there's no such thing as a "true religion". I can't afford to waste any more time on it. If god exists he knows where to find me.

Walter

• fairchild
    fairchild

Ha, good point, Walter. I have been feeling the same way lately, unfortunately.

• gumby
    gumby
    Two people pray for God to show them the way. One gets a visit of JW's, the other gets a visit of a preacher. Please somebody help me out here..
    The one who got the JW's knocking on his door prayed on a saterday, and the one who got the preacher prayed on a Sunday. That's what these folks do in their spare time on these days. Have the guy pray on a Thursday evening about 7:30 PM and see if Jehovah sends the witnesses. Gumby

• fairchild
    fairchild
    The one who got the JW's knocking on his door prayed on a saterday, and the one who got the preacher prayed on a Sunday. That's what these folks do in their spare time on these days. Have the guy pray on a Thursday evening about 7:30 PM and see if Jehovah sends the witnesses. Gumby

LMAOOO that is too precious. I have got to keep a file with great quotes.

• gumby
    gumby
    LMAOOO that is too precious. I have got to keep a file with great quotes.

*struts around like he's hot stuff now* Gumby

• fairchild
    fairchild

I'm still laughing.

• gumby
    gumby

Fairchild......seriously though. If you have millions of people all praying to god to show them the truth and the way....your gonna get a dozen or so of those millions who'll get a call by the witnesses who will vocalise their miracle for all who'll hear. Every denomination has the same miracle stories of how god answered their prayers and led them to their current church.

Gumby........... who's still tryin hard to to make sure he get's into Fairchilds saved quotes.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Every denomination has the same miracle stories of how god answered their prayers and led them to their current church.

You know, that is true. *darn, now I have to keep a file around with 'true quotes' as well*

So I guess we could consider the knocking on the door a coincidence. It would be really interesting if we could get a lot of stories together from different people. All people who prayed for God to show them the way, and all getting different 'answers'. That would be a best seller.

• gumby
    gumby

I wonder how many of those miracle stories ended with the whole family getting killed in a car wreck a month after their prayers were answered. Whatever happens....god did it and had a good reason. I've seen and heard miracle stories that went amuck more times than you can count.

Gumby

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

When people pray those "Show me the truth, oh please God" prayers, I believe that he/she allows people to think that they're being answered. He allows us to learn lessons. I draw that conclusion from the fact that many of us who thought God had answered our prayers by putting us in touch with the JWs, well here we are posting at JWD with horror stories about our experiences with JWs.

Remember how the WTBTS used to mock people for believing that all religions are different paths to the same god or destiny? I don't think that that notion is so hilarious now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit