to everyone who posted/is posting/will post a photo of self...

by MerryMagdalene 10 Replies latest jw friends

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

...a favorite quote of mine from Marianne Williamson:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?'

Actually who are you not to be? You are a child of God.

Your playing small doesn't serve the world. We were born to make manifest the glory of God...within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And when we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Thanks for helping liberate me, everyone!You are all magnificently beautiful/handsome and irreplaceable

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Are nude photos acceptable?

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

xjw_b12 : only when you place them in the adult section with proper warning.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    We were born to make manifest the glory of God...within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And when we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other

people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

I just typed out a huge thought provoking thread about spiritual growth/personal growth, but lost it due to only being able to do two a 24 hr period (sorry I was such a hog)

What a wonderful post, now I know why I lost mine!!!!!

Don't let the org take away your dreams, hopes, talents, loves, passions and desires for some time in the future when you can have them right now, It is not selfish. It is loving and giving.

Celebrate yourself!!!!

• prophecor
    prophecor

I knew there was something incredibly great about you, Merry, I am familiar with the above quote and I too do believe, your are a gifted spirit. Enjoyed reading that.

Arthur

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    only when you place them in the adult section with proper warning.

Something like this??

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Thank you, Arthur. I feel the same about you!

~Merry

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

where is this picture thread everyone is talking about?

• MerryMagdalene
  • seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Merry,

That was a really thought-provoking quote. I liked the idea that by shining ourselves, we give others permission to do the same. I hope that the smiling faces on JWD will help many others yet to light their own torches.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit