Perfection and the Penis

by crossroads 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((Mulan))))))))))))
    Thanks for the info. I didnt realize the extent of training there! Sounds like Dad had a pretty busy practice there! luv,Tina

• cynicus
    cynicus

Just adding some gasoline to the fire I guess...

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Naturopathy/naturopathy.html

In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then he made school boards. --- Mark Twain

• Tina
    Tina

Hi cynicus,
    Im real familiar with that w/s and others like it.
    I dont subscribe to this model of treatment personally. I was curious as to the clinical training. WHile Mulan mentioned an accredited school. I didn't see a clinical internship at an accredited hospital mentioned. Which means no staff privileges.
    Natural can be ok in a few instances,but I prefer having the back-up of the medical/scientific community.Even with my small degree of training i had to intern in a clinic and hospital. SO I was just wondering. Thanks for the link tho.regards,tina

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

well I don't give a flying Rat's Patudi whether you anyone belives in naturepaths or not. I do and am alive today because of them!!! I've gone to doc's and had EVERY test done and all they can say is well, we don't know, or well that's impossible.

I had a brain tumor healed by homeopathy my junior year in highschool. Along with several other ailments along the way. How many people die in hostpitals, how many in the care of a doctor!!!

I think what's more important in finding a health care provider is the 'outcome' of the treatment not how much formal training they had. I'd rather go to a naturepath that can help me then an MD that can't!!! Just my 2 cents.

Ven

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong, is to let him have his own way."---Josh Billings

• Tina
    Tina

ven,
    You are entitled to your opinion and choice in health care.
    Don't knock the whole medical establishment because of your personal preference. Countless people are alive due to medical treatments.
    The goal of doctors is a successful outcome to treatment. What makes you think otherwise? The majority do their best to treat and alleviate problems. And it does matter to me(anyway) what training a doc has before I put myself in his/her hands. It should matter to anyone who is going to put some trust in them.
    Your post was arguementative and I really dont want to argue here. Health care is a personal choice.I'll leave it at that.Tina

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

ohh Tina pipe down!! I wasnt' bashing medical docs. I was defening naturepaths!! Ya I know MD's do good otherwise we wouldn't have hospitals, but I don'e appreicate the way some have a condesending attitude towards those who do belive in homeopothay.

Some act like your a fool to belive in it. So I was just pointing out that if you get better then it works. Not for all things or for all people, but I don't think they're tract record is any worse then the medical community. So how you didn't like my attitude to MDs is the same way I feel when people dog Naturepaths. Personally I have had some trainging in it, and have been able to help others. I think there is great power in natural healing, and think it's interesting it's called 'natural healing' seems soo natural!! That's all I'm saying. I had an MD back home that was also a certified naturepath, acupunctuirist. I think THAT's the BEST way to go. I think the two fields should merge and learn from each other to TREAT the patiant. Not fight agaist each other!!! The goal of treating and healing the patient is what should unite those in the healthcare profession, not dived them by treatment!

Ven

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong, is to let him have his own way."---Josh Billings

• Tina
    Tina

ven,
    Pipe down?
    Are you the only one entitled to opinions here?
    I said nothing about your attitude. I commented on the broad sweeping statement you made reagrding MD's.
    Who's fighting? I will reiterate,it's a personal choice.
    Can you tell me where I slammed naturopaths in my post? I spoke of what training and qualifications I prefer.There are some Docs who think regulated complimentary treatments are ok. I said it's probably ok in some circumstances. I'm sorry if you had to deal with condescending attitudes in the medical community. Oftetimes this comes from them dealing with the results of some very goofy and dangerous alternative treatments out there. Tina

• Mulan
    Mulan

This subject always gets pretty emotional on this board. Kind of like discussing religion isn't it? It's funny but my Dad started school when I was 4, and they became dubs when I was 5. For most of my childhood, I thought dubs had to do the natural things we did, like diet things, and not drinking milk, etc. (before anyone jumps on me, I was allergic to milk, and Dad learned in his training that cow's milk is difficult for the human body to digest.....it's for baby cows after all.....think about it). Anyway, I spent the night at a family's home, from our congregation, when I was about 9, and was totally shocked by the milk on the table. Just a joke on me, guys.

Okay, now I have to go get ready for the wedding!!!

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((((Mulan))))))))))))have a good time!! best wishes to the happy couple! luv,Tina

• Mulan
    Mulan

Now, I'm waiting my turn for the bathroom mirror.

My son was a wreck when he left about an hour ago. Didn't sleep either, just like me. I got about 4 hours. We will get through it, but I think I am sneaking some champagne into the Groom's room. I might have some first!!

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit