Perfection and the Penis

by crossroads 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim Lad
    Jim Lad

Speaking as a Western Canadian born in farm town hospital of 400 where it was routine to be circumsized I am thankful! Why should I have to make that decision later in life when it's more painful and takes time out of my social life? I'm glad Mom had it done to us boys (my youngest brother wasn't cut far enough back and I remember him crying in the bathroom because mom was helping him with the soreness we older ones never had).

not too mention....Why would I want a more sensitive penis?????? I'm 29 and the damn thing already has controlled my life more then the WT ever could!! haha...take it easy

• crossroads
    crossroads

ANA--It wasn't a choice for the people of GOD he made
    something imperfect (so it seems) and needed to correct
    it. But I love your question what is perfect anyway?
    I believe we are perfect as the human beings we are.
    I hate when people say "hey I'm imperfect you know."
    Know your not your, your a perfect human being with
    all the imperfections that brings. I much rather you say
    I'm human that one I'll buy. Who said or where does it
    say flesh and blood was made to live forever?
    Forget about the penis you all. What is human perfection?
    I don't believe anyone can answer that. Just like ASSuming
    what HIS purpose is for the earth. WE HAVE NO CLUE.

• nelly136
    nelly136

I used to think that it was less of a deal for boys than girls
    it seems a shame that this is being practised on the grounds of
    making boys socially acceptable and its little consolation for the ones where it goes wrong.

http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/ (just one of many sites of misery)
    nelly

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Can I get a OUCH from the peanut gallery!........

Moses... is on his way in from the wilderness to deliver the Isrealites form the Egyptians..so he has already be TO THE MOUNTAIN seen the burning bush........

so on his way into Egypt check this out....

Exd 4:24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.

Exd 4:25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast [it] at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband [art] thou to me.

Exd 4:26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband [thou art], because of the circumcision.

OUCH!.. a sharp STONE.....

• Seeker
    Seeker

If circumcision is now merely a custom and a preference, there is little use for it. The custom part is absurd. Why do something merely because other people do it? That is JW thinking, and we have moved beyond that. Who cares what other people do? Growing up, in locker rooms, there were kids who were circumcised and those who weren't. It never seemed to be a big deal to anyone, other than the same natural curiosity about our navels and who had 'innies' and who had 'outies.' If some kids are more cruel that this, still what is the point? Do we cower in fear over opinion? Must we conform to societal norms, even if it makes little sense to do it?

As for preference, that is the parent's preference, not the child's. Fortunately, this form of mutilation has little impact on a man's life, and the vast majority of men who were circumcised have no problem with it or even prefer it. The fact remains that it was done to them, by someone else. Why not just use electrolysis on their faces at the same time? After all, most men don't wear beards, and it's a pain to have to shave every day, and you can get infections from shaving and irritate the skin, and some women get turned off when kissing a man with a beard, etc...

Ah...but it's not a custom to remove the hair on a man's face, but it is a custom to remove part of his penis. And we certainly don't want to change customs.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Imagine my disappointment when I found out this was not a discussion about the perfect penis.

Well, in my opinion, all penises are perfect, some, however, are more perfect than others.

Among the homosexual bear community there are individuals who actively work to eliminate the practice of circumcision. I don't get that worked up about the issue personally.

I personally don't find uncircumcised or as more commonly termed uncut penises as attractive, but there are those who rave about them.

I find penile coloring and texture more interesting than whether they are cut or uncut.

hugs

Joel

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Although I agree it's hardly a big deal, it's still mutilation.

mu·ti·late (mytl-t)
    tr.v. mu·ti·lat·ed, mu·ti·lat·ing, mu·ti·lates
    1)To disfigure by damaging irreparably: mutilate a statue. See Synonyms at batter1.
    2)To make imperfect by excising or altering parts.

I don't think it's right for parents to mutilate their child without his or her consent. How about the famous horror story of the accident during a circumsision that ended up removing the entire organ so the child was raised as a woman? This was during surgery using an experimental laser method.

It's a stupid custom, a potentially dangerous custom with nothing but old wives tales to support it's health benefits. Back in the day, tonsils were routinley removed at the slightest sore throat.

Let your child choose if they want it done, I guarntee you none will choose it. "Hey Son, wanna have a stranger take a razor to your cock and slice off a large chunk of flesh? The girls will love it!"

Please. If it ain't broke don't fix it. The cleanliness argument is stupid.

-Dan

• mommy
    mommy

LOL@Seeker!
    I feel much shame, I mutilated my child. I took a part of him, that can never be returned. It is funny though, I refused to pierce my daughters ears until she was old enough to decide if she wanted it. Big difference piercing and cutting. I made my decision based on what Princess said. The majority of Americans are circumcised. I did not want him to be any different. BTW I have tried both, and personally I get more enjoyment from an cut rather than uncut penis.

But you brought up some good points. And made me think, I can understand what you are saying. Unfortunalty the damage is done, I will just wait for the day my son thanks me for getting it done when he doesn't remember it.

When I was working in a hospital in Florida, this very sad thing happened. A young 18 year old was to be married, but his GF wanted him to be circumsiced. So he came in for this simple procedure. Unfortunalty something went awry and he had to have one of his testicles removed as well, and spent a drug filled week on our floor. So a procedure that would have taken mere minutes as a child actually mutilated an adult. Yes, this is a rare case, but I wonder how many other rare cases are not documented for us to read.

My friend at 38 years old decided he wanted to be cut, and talked to a DR about it. He was told by him, the damage that can occur with an adult is far greater than an infant. Not only with pain and swelling, but it does interfere with your social life as well. Not many people are going to take their one week off a year to spend doctoring a circumsicion scar.

I guess as a parent we have decisions we make for our children. Some are reversable and some not. But in this society we should respect others views on this. It really is a personal choice.
    wendy

In a controversy the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

• Seeker
    Seeker
    I feel much shame,

Please don't. You should not feel ashamed, for you did what almost all mothers do in this country, and what most doctors recommend. How were you to know otherwise?

Now that we have the Web, and research is so easy, this question is becoming murkier, and other points of view are being heard. It's not as clear-cut a decision as it used to be.

I'm not upset at any parent who did this to a child. I'm merely trying to present another point-of-view, so that lurking parents who may someday face this decision will see that not 'everyone does it', and that there are reasons why a parent might not want to do it.

• crossroads
    crossroads

I like my beard.
    Circumcision was not a custom it was the LAW.
    So did god think he made males flawed?

As for some woman not wanting to kiss guys with
    beards. I wonder if they like having there (well I
    should stop right there.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit