Is the NWT going to paperback?

by PaganCross 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Nope, I'm never going paperback. I'll always be hardback bound with the finest italian leather and embossed in gold filigree.

Oh, you meant the other version. Well I wouldn't be surprised what with all the cost cutting measures. They would probably print on toilet paper if they could get away with it. Actually that would be quite useful

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    This leather pocket size Bible is very hard to find, especially now that the Watchtower has begun printing paperback editions of the New World Translation - apparently instead of the hardback black Bibles (and perhaps instead of the leather Bibles also).

It sounds like this person is making a distinction between soft leather and paper-back. I don't recall them ever publishing a small hard-back leather bible. All of the small bibles were soft leather.

I would not be supprised if they really are making their bibles as paper-backs.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The small hardcover bibles fell apart after about a month's use anyway, maybe paperback would be an improvement.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think it is possible to have paperback NWT for placing giving donating selling to the public and a hardback version for in-house use - it would save money.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The system they use is 'perfect-bound' I believe for the paper back style. It is a one-step process that eliminates a ton of labor to get it finished. Wifey was in the printing business.

I think they will retain at least some leather and case bound Bibles for a while. They don't want to look too chinzy! But maybe the 'service offer' Bibles will go to perfect bound - that would make sense i think. Most of the Bible houses offer a gift Bible that is little more than a paper back. You can buy them in bulk thru one of the catalogs I get for about 3 bucks a pop or less. Maybe the Society should just have the pubs buy them thru the Christian Book Store - then they would not have to print the NWT [Never Was Translated] anymore. LOL

Just my opinion

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Don't know why it highlights like that - sorry

Jeff

• love11
    love11

Nothing would suprise me. I heard that Bethel closed down and that they are moving their entire production to Pennsylvania near the Farm. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, they are having a record breaking business convention in Toledo, OH at the Seagate Center this coming June, you can read about it at toledoblade.com under the business section archive. The reason is that the Pontiac Silverdome near Detroit is being torn down ( the place that they used to go for the assembly) and so they are having less people at the convention at one time but spread out over a longer period of time ( I think they said 2 months). I feel it's a ploy to make it seem like they are doing better than they really are financially. Also, I'm sure the property tax, cost of living, shipping, etc; in New York is much higher than in Pennsylvania. As to the paperback bible, I don't know. But losing any amount of money has got to sting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit