Is the NWT going to paperback?

by PaganCross 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PaganCross
    PaganCross

Is the NWT going to paperback? Anybody hear this?An Ebay seller made the claim.

I noticed that the paper in the publications is so thin its see through and the new books are paperback.

http://http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=378&item=4534557826&rd=1

Pagan

• Ticker
    Ticker

I dont know for sure but I have not heard of it going to paperback, but it is very possible I guess. The new brochures seem real cheaply made now, I was shocked by it as I hadn't seen any new brochures for some time. I cant recall which brochure it was as I couldn't really be bothered to read it, but it seemed cheaply made as it was thin glossy paper. Not like the old ones which were thick paper pages. Maybe times are getting tough for them.

Ticker

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the books have been paperback for some time. The new Ministry School textbook was the last large, hardbound book I can remember but then that is basically an in-house publication meant to be used over a long period of time with the counsel slip inside.

I wonder how badly the WTS is doing financially? Bad enough to consider paperback NWTS?

Blondie

I do know that the WTS uses recycled paper.

• gumby
  • the_classicist
    the_classicist

Interesting thoughts Gumby.

I doubt they would come out with a paperback bible, if money is tight, why don't they just cut back production?

• PaganCross
    PaganCross

I noticed that the Mormons went paperback with thier free Bible and Book of Mormon a couple of years ago now.

• dh
    dh

I had an NWT paperback when I was a kid, I still have it, leather back, printed in 1981.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    if money is tight, why don't they just cut back production?

Good idea Classisist - or better still, just cut out all the Scriptures irrelevant to the Society's teachings.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, perhaps they realised that "new light" only lasts for so long. Why print hard back books like "millions now living will never die" when it is only true for one generation, and they're now all dead?

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

are they PAPERBACK WRITER?

I guess the Beatles demand some licenses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit