Canadian Flags Fly Low - Canada mourns the death of four RCMP Officers

by jgnat 14 Replies latest social current

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Talesin,

I found it unbelievable this could happen.

As long as the Canadian judicial system deals so leniently with its hardened criminals the danger exists of a repeat performance of the awful tragedy.

Here one again, a dangerous man with a rap sheet longer than a highway and that starts at the age of twelve years old and ends up at forty-six and gets to spend a total of forty months in prison for his numerous serious crimes, including sadistically molesting a minor! I feel sorry for the RCMP and Mounties. They must wonder what they are getting paid for half the time. They put themselves in danger, catch hardened criminals and the courts free them so very easily to kill and maim again.

The Muslim terrorist, whom you might remember was caught at the border by US Customs with a trunkfull of explosives and a map of Los Angeles airport, had been living at the taxpayers expense as a 'refugee' in Montreal. He had been arrested for burglary, eleven times and aggravated assault twice and was set free each time. When arrested he admitted to being astonished at the coddling attitude of the courts in Canada and cvould not believe his luck.

Perhaps this is why Canada, and especially Quebec has become the 'safe home' for numerous international terrorists and financial scam-artists.

HS

• Poztate
    Poztate
    This may not be big news on the world scene, but it affects us deeply here in Canada.

I don't live in Alberta but where I am the flag is flying at half staff and a memorial of flowers and cards has collected at the base.

This scene I am sure is the same across Canada and many of us feel this on a personal level. I watched the tribute to the fallen officers on TV as thousands of their fellow officers marched to the memorial service for their fallen comrades.I hope to never have to see such a tribute again..

• Scully
    Scully

hillary_step writes:

Here one again, a dangerous man with a rap sheet longer than a highway and that starts at the age of twelve years old and ends up at forty-six and gets to spend a total of forty months in prison for his numerous serious crimes, including sadistically molesting a minor! I feel sorry for the RCMP and Mounties. They must wonder what they are getting paid for half the time. They put themselves in danger, catch hardened criminals and the courts free them so very easily to kill and maim again.

The Muslim terrorist, whom you might remember was caught at the border by US Customs with a trunkfull of explosives and a map of Los Angeles airport, had been living at the taxpayers expense as a 'refugee' in Montreal. He had been arrested for burglary, eleven times and aggravated assault twice and was set free each time. When arrested he admitted to being astonished at the coddling attitude of the courts in Canada and cvould not believe his luck.

These are not isolated incidents. Why, on the local evening news today, there was a report of two young males - both 15 years old - who had dragged a younger teenaged girl into the school washroom and threatened to physically assault her if she did not perform oral sex on them. She ran out of the washroom, reported the incident to the school (BTW: it was a Catholic school) officials, who suspended the boys for 10 days, and warned the boys that another offense would result in their being expelled.

So the girl gets 10 days reprieve, and then the boys get to come back and remind her every single day of what they wanted to do to her, just by "being there". Nice.

Sorry to hijack your thread, jgnat. I'm very saddened by this event too. The newspaper showed a "sea of red" - a photo of Mounties en masse in the memorial processions. It was heart wrenching.

• talesin
    talesin

H_S

CUYOBY

t

Edit, I would prefer that you respect the tone of this thread, and start a new one if you wish to discuss or attack Canadian laws/politics/etc. In addition, I may agree with you. Thanks. ;)

• talesin
    talesin

h_s

Truth be told, I have lost my taste for any type of political discussion/debate at JWD. So, it's not you IT'S ME!!!!! Peace out. ;)

xo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit