Angharad

So sad, he was one of my all time favourite comedians

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4340115.stm

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

That's too bad. I'm sorry to hear this.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I was of course not allowed to watch him seeing as how he ridiculed religion. He may of planted a few seeds of doubt.

I'll raise a glass to him tonight and may his God be with him.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I'm so saddened about this. He's another part of my childhood that I remember with affection. We always made sure we never missed his TV programme.

May his spiritual journey be a good one.

Ian

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I'm sure he lived his life to the fullest and I'm surprised to say he made it this long.

I remember as a kid watching his show here in America on rogue TV stations that would air him and Benny Hill and Monty Python. He was always my favorite. Remember that sketch where he said "they say I drowning man sees his life go before his eyes" and then they show a man at sea drowning and he is flashbacking to his days of drinking, gambling, women, etc. and when he washes up ashore two men turn him over and he's wearing a priest's collar. LOL. Or when he'd put his cigarette out in his whiskey. ~:) God bless Dave Allen.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Thats too bad. But alot of people will remember him fondly, as will I. Believe it or not my JW Dad loved to watch Dave Allen at Large reruns and would even let me and my sister watch because he wa always poking fun at the churches. There was only a handful of jokes and skits he was a bit upset with but I think it was more for my "instruction".

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I'll raise a glass to him tonight and may his God be with him.

Absolutely.Thats how he used to finish his show if i remember rightly.Remember his tirade against Black boxes in Aeroplanes?The things that are unbreakable.

"why the **** dont they make Planes out of the same stuff as the black box recorder".

Oh well i guess you had to be there.Incredibly funny Bloke.Shame.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Ditto,

I loved watching his show over here as a kid (sometimes I could even get my dad to watch until Dave stepped over the line!).

Our Loss.....

W.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Another great comedian bites the dust! Part of my childhood also. Qwerty

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

RIP Dave. We shall miss you.

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest