New here

by granny 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hello and welcome! Nice to see new faces, and I think you'll have an interesting perspective on JWs. I'll look forward to your comments in future posts!

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings gran,
    And Welcome aboard!! regards,Tina

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Granny

Glad you decided to join in, looking forward to your posts!

• granny
    granny

Prisca, Tina,Angharad,
    Thanks for the welcome.I'm very glad to be here. I think this board is going to be even better now that I'm posting and not just lurking. My inlaws are still captive in the borg. We'd love to get them out but they are still convinced they have the truth. Although we do see some cracking in the walls as far as my MIL is concerned. There are times when she doesn't care what the elders say about her activities. But then she will turn right around and say they have to do something because the elders say so. Maybe theres hope I really don't know.
    Granny

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Granny

Welcome to the board, and I'm so glad you finally decided to post. My mother in law is similar to what you describe. Sometimes she will say there is something horribly wrong in the organization...then turn around and tell us how inspiring the WT study was and that we HAVE to go back because it is God's organization! They are just so confused!

Tracy, who is no longer confused

• granny
    granny

Hi Tracy
    Thanks for the welcome. I agree they are so confused, and unfortunately brain washed too I'm afraid.
    I really am enjoying this board. I'm working on my hubby to get him on here too. Time will tell.
    Granny

• QCA1
    QCA1

Hi Granny

i am a granny too,i have 3 grandkids which i adore,2 of them are jws along with their parents,their dad is my son,this is a great forum,i hope you join in the chat sometime.

love and peace

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

A big welcome to you Granny! Nice to have you with us!

I know that you will find an incredible amount of support here, I know I have. You will learn something new here every day and make some good friends - enjoy!

• cathy4school
    cathy4school

Hi Granny, I am fairly new here too. I was an unbaptized witness for 25 years and I am now out of the group because my exhusband was baptized and him and my "best friend" who was also a baptized witness were having an affair for a long time before I found out. Because I was never baptized and did not do service time, I was shunned because I stopped going to the meetings because I was getting no support at all. They disfellowshipped them both but they got together and got reinstated and are now fine upstanding citizents in the group, and I was ostracized for not going to meetings. Talk about hypocricy and believe me they aren't your friends in there. Good luck to you and keep smiling.

• granny
    granny

Hi QCA1, Individuals Wife and Cathy,
    Thanks for the welcome. This board is great. I have learned a lot just lurking all the months I did. It's going to be even better now that I'm posting. None of my kids or grandkids are witnesses. My husband left before we were married. We lived through the 1975 thing. We were married in 1966 and my MIL told us constantly that we would only have til 75. Now she says she never said any such thing. Parroting the society I guess.Yes there is an enormous amount of hypocrisy in the society. My inlaws wouldnt come to our wedding but they went to a funeral some months before we were married in the same church we were married in. My Fil's boss's wife passed away. My FIl was even a pallbearer.
    Well it's great to be here.
    Granny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit