Another "ghostly" experience last night!

by cindykp 34 Replies latest jw friends

• cindykp
    cindykp

Ok, if any of you have read the other thread about ghosts, you will remember that I dont care too much for them! Just a few minutes ago my daugter told me she had a weird one last night here in the house, where I have never had a problem. She was in the bathroom brushing her teeth, and "one "of the holders on the counter that are all made of heavy glass, started shaking back and forth like crazy. I have three on the counter, all about the same. She thought maybe it was because she was leaning against the counter. So when it stopped, she leaned up against it again, and brushed her teeth some more. It didnt move!!!!!!!!!!!! Why would only one shake like crazy, and not the rest? I have goose bumps! Here is a pic of what they look like. The one with the toothpaste was doing the dance. Ok, I may be stretching a bit, but does anyone believe that my grandpa, who just passed is making his presence known? If not, what is it then, cause if a train were going by, all three would have done the dance, not just one.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Personally, I think you should start by getting rid of your smurf collection.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I had a period of time when I had a lot of unusual experiences.. Now, nothing. Am, I glad. Perhaps it is all on your mind a lot, what with u just getting DF and your Grandpa dying. U can spook yourself out.

weds

• Carmel
    Carmel

How would shaking the toothpaste holder indicate the presence of your grandfather? Why not the carpet rolling up by itself or better yet, a cigarette smoking itself?

carmel of the "active imagination" class

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

I dont know what to say about the ghost but, I think your pants need to be fastened.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Not to dismiss the importance of your desired link to your grandfather, but don't you think he would choose to do something that would make his presence obvious? Unless he was a dentist, or worked for Colgate Palmolive, this doesn't make much sense.

More likely, physical explanation: the heavy, mostly full tube of toothpaste appears to be shifted far over to the left side of the cup. The cup narrows down to a relatively small base. It is very possible that the center-of-mass of the toothpaste tube is at a "meta-stable" point of balance (the end of the toothpaste tube itself contributes to this unstable arrangement).

Now, all that is needed is a "disturbance" as an input to the system. HHHMMMM... a child leaning against the vanity, brushing their teeth in rythmic fashion, is just what Dr. Science ordered.... COMMENCE THE TOOTHPASTE DANCE!!!!

A fluke that could only be repeated with identical geometry and identically filled toothpaste tube.

Unless, of course, your child is wearing SMURF PJs, then I have a completely different explanation!

~Quotes, of the "three times a day" class

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I think that there are a lot of things that we simply don't understand. Could it be Grandpa? Possibly. Perhaps you should ask if it's him. Perhaps he is trying to let you know that there IS something on the other side.

Then, too, it could be a manifestation of your daughter's energy field. There have been cases documented of poltergeist-type activity associated with young people that is actually caused by those young people, but without their actual knowledge of what is occurring.

• cindykp
    cindykp
    How would shaking the toothpaste holder indicate the presence of your grandfather? Why not the carpet rolling up by itself or better yet, a cigarette smoking itself?

Ok, Carmel, I have not made any comments to you yet. You seem to alway's come and bash me in all my threads! So kiss my ass! I hope my grandpa comes and haunts you!

• sf
    sf

I'm sorry, I can't help but laugh at the 800-dentist ad here. LOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry.

sKally

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sorry, no ghosts today...

It is called a "Resonance Frequency".

The first time she was leaning against the counter and brushing her teeth, she happened to created just the right vibration to cause the cup to move back and forth.

The odds of getting that frequency just right again are small, but still possible. I bet that if she tried brushing her teeth at different frequencies she could get it to happen again.

I noticed that you mentioned that the one with the tooth paste is the one that was "dancing". This is because the tooth paste tube made it "top heavy" and therefore more unstable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit