Crisis of Conscience

by Thinking 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

great book! I want to get my hands on In Search of Christian Freedom now....

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy
    great book! I want to get my hands on In Search of Christian Freedom now....

That was my favorite of the two. I really like the way it disspells allot of the basic doctrine of the borg. I especially like the chapter on disfellowshiping.

• Thinking
    Thinking

In Search of Christian Freedom came in today.
    My JW friends are calling and are concerned. I have dropped off meeting attendance drastically this winter. First I was very sick, I had some down time and really started thinking about the org and don't go now for that reason.
    I was talking to a sister today and told her I left after the talk last week, I got my hour of getting beat up. The talk was on entertainment. She said the brothers don't follow the bible sometimes when they give talks. I said well, I just could not sit through another hour of WT.
    Soooooooooo I am running out of excuses!!!! yikes.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Soooooooooo I am running out of excuses!!!! yikes.

I usually like the honest approach. Always tell people what's going on inside of you. Although, when it comes to the JW's, it is different for me, as well as for many others. You can't just say "My meeting attendance is going to be a bit meager because I am reading Crisis Of Conscience, and In Search Of Christian Freedom is going to be next." It doesn't work that way, I know.

Sooooo, here are a few suggestions for excuses:

*I was about to leave for the meeting when the phone rang. It was a family member I had not heard from in years, and I didn't want to be rude and hang up. We talked forever.

*The dog/cat threw up on my suit/dress. The poor thing was real sick, and I didn't dare leaving.

*Ooops, the power went off overnight and it knocked my alarm clock out.

*I totally burned my breakfast. The smell was obnoxious, I had to open all the doors and windows, and didn't want to go anywhere with my doors wide open.

*The car wouldn't start.

*I honestly thought it was Saturday when I woke up on Sunday morning.

*Headache. On second thought, make it migraine.

*I'm coming down with something and don't know if it is contagious. I don't want to infect anyone, especially not the elderly.

*I got lost on my way to the KH.

*Been having bouts of amnesia.

There you go. This should get you by for a couple of months.

• ko38
    ko38

I dont know much about peoples motivations unless I meet them and converse with them as an individual.However I do believe that coc and the next are more impactive to those that have been exposed to the WTBTS's teaching for at least a year.Those that do not know at all how the society works,In my opinion cannot relate to Rays experiences and revelations about the falsehoods and deciet found in their initial love bomb.

As someone who was a blinded believer for 38 years I am willing to do anything I can to not only show that this group is based on the opinions of men and and the greed of the money it generates,but as well tell of the good news of Jesus.I believe in my heart that salvation as we wish it to be is easier than we think.

Loving our creator and recognising Jesus as the ransom is imparitive.Beyond that,a loving God will hear your prayers for forgiveness and a longing for him.Organization as far as a group of leaders that are not in direct harmony with God are not your leaders.Prophecies and false predictions that are claimed to be made in the name of Jehovah are not of his accord.

The JW's know what thay have done,but use the scriptures to show that it would be proper for them to be wrong and then change their mind by claiming a new light or revelation of understanding.I assure you the tru God does not change his mind.He will not change.

This group is so involved with their use of the name of God in their preaching(Jehovah) that they overlook the most important guide to their salvation,Jesus Christ.WE must go through him to get to the father but never will we accomplish this without truthfuly showing our humility first.The name Jehovah is the closest we can have from a Hebrew translation.

Never ever in the bible does it say an organization of men will lead the true flock.That was and is reserved for the Son.

Never mayit be said of me or you that we have mislead anyone.

Bless you Ken

• Thinking
    Thinking

****************I got lost on my way to the KH.************************

The first hall I went to I lived closer than anyone else.
    This Hall I am almost the closet.....Funny when I moved here I thought how great it would be to be closer to the hall, parallel to not wanting to go anymore.

Thanks for all the great excuses. I will let you know which ones worked best.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    ****************I got lost on my way to the KH.************************

Hey, I'll adjust this one for you.

*I got abducted by aliens on my way to the KH

• hmike
    hmike

Hmmm...I've had a copy in my bookcase for years (3rd printing, 1987) and never went past Chapter 2. I guess I'd better take another look at it.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

When I was reading CoC I had to literally change my phone number and move to get away from the wits. Even then they found me.. I hate having to lie but they create the situation so its their fault.

GBL

• Valis
    Valis

Ground control to Major Tom Ground control to Major Tom:
    Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
    Ground control to Major Tom: Commencing countdown engine's on
    Check ig-nition and may God's love be with you

This is ground control to Major Tom, you've really made the grade!
    And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear,
    Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

This is Major Tom to ground con-trol, I'm stepping through the door
    And I'm floating in the most peculiar way
    And the stars look very difeerent today

For here am I sitting in a tin can, far above the world
    Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do

Though I'm passed one hundred thousand miles, I'm feeling very still
    And I think my spaceship knows which way to go,
    tell my wife I love her very much she knows

Ground control to Major Tom:
    Your circuit's dead, there's something wong.
    Can you hear me Major Tom?
    Can you hear me Major Tom?
    Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you ...

Here am I floating round my tin can, far above the moon
    Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit