Letter from PO......opinions????

by jillbedford 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

I like the idea of a one-sentence reply,

"Thank you for your donation."

The brat in me says, just quote one verse. Make him look it up.: Matthew 25:42-45

• minimus
    minimus

Gary....5 bux is 5 bux.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I'd do up a printed thank you letter with the name of the donor and amount of donation left blank. Hand write in his name and the $5 amount.

At the bottom in handwriting. "I recall those scriptures from my years of preaching. It does feel good to do something now however that has both long lasting as well as immediate benefits to others."

This gets the message across without it looking like you put much into it. It also really makes the $5 look cheap in such a large space $__________________.

Good luck in your marathon and thank you for caring enough to get involved in such a great event!

Uzzah

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Oh and pull the WT Society insultthat they do to former "brothers", address it to "Mr."

heh heh

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

My opinion ? I see some disgusting stuff sometimes - but this letter stands out

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would include these points in my reply

Many people do many things that has some effect on the problems of this system of things.

It's not about the system - it's about doing what you can to help and nuture individuals - indeed, they are blessed, broken and handed out to you (...that you do unto me).

Regarding those scriptures about 'sickness' - it is an errant jw practice to apply things spiritual to the flesh, ie. to "live according to the flesh", and indeed Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

Regarding the flesh, remember the Samaritan - "Go and do the same" - likewise for others, " teach them to observe all the things I have commanded you"

"We preach Christ everyday, and even if it is necessary to use words"

paduan

• zman
    zman

I would thank them for the donation. Even though the only reason they gave it was to get that letter in your hands. Very nice wording, but still telling you the JW way is a 'better' way to help people. Thank them and run like the wind!!!!!!!

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

I would say "Thank you so much for your kind donation. It is truly showing the spirit of mercy and love for neighbor, just as Jesus did."

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

Just respond as if he had given you $500, a boquet of roses and a book of inspirational quotes about love and the human spirit. Perhaps you can win him over by your good example. After all, it's $5 more than I've given you and I've yet to see you write a post looking for opinions on me.

• seven006
    seven006

His comments are so typical. It reminds me of one of those Chatty Cathy dolls. You keep pulling the string and she keeps saying the same old things over and over again.

Good luck on your run.

Dave

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Sounds like a form letter to me.

but we do want to respond to your letter regarding your running in the Country Music Marathon

{Isn't it the Leukemia and Lymphoma society that you are running for?}

I might guess that they send to any and everyone who solicits a donation from them. It's service time to them and you gave them that opportunity.

Oh! Right. You were a pioneer so you probably understand the importance of getting in your time however possible.

I don't think I'd resond with anything more than a 'thank you for your generous contribution'.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit