What's wrong w/JW's?

by GodRules 58 Replies latest jw friends

• GodRules
    GodRules

I would sincerely like to know what is so wrong with Jehovah's Witnesses. I invite anyone to post here. Please use facts not personal opinions.

I am not interested in dates, the blood issue, nor the disfellowshipping issue since I am conviced that these do not prove that they are wrong.

I am weighing in to see if you as an opposer of Jehovah's Witnesses have the facts or not.

• messenger
    messenger

The biggest problem seems to be little trolls like you.....

• Seeker
    Seeker
    I would sincerely like to know what is so wrong with Jehovah's Witnesses. I invite anyone to post here. Please use facts not personal opinions.

I am not interested in dates, the blood issue, nor the disfellowshipping issue since I am conviced that these do not prove that they are wrong.

"Please use facts," you say, "but not all those facts over here."

OK, let's ignore all those issues except for one thing: how did the Governing Body react when it was pointed out to them that they got dates wrong, their blood policy is inconsistent and misleading, and their disfellowshipping policy is unscriptural? They responded by either ignoring thier mistakes, denying their mistakes, or attacking the questioner.

Is this the mark of a sincere, humble, honest people?

Is this how good examples in the Bible (David, Peter) responded when they were confronted with their errors?

• GodRules
    GodRules

Seeker: I understand your view, here is why I comented about dates, blood and disfellowshipping:

The dates thing does not prove to me that this is not Jehovah's organization. Imperfect men will make mistakes. I choose to forgive just as Jesus forgave many of his apostles for speaking without thinking. This really happens to all of us.

The blood issue is not inconsistent and misleading. No blood transfussions. That's simple. Jehovah's Witnesses have helped the medical comunity in general is seeking a safer way to operate. I am thankful to Jehovah for that. The Bible is clear on Jehovah's view of taking in blood. I respect that and I know that Jehovah is much,much wiser than us. He is protecting us.

The difellowshipping policy is scriptural. It's very clear in 1 Cor. chapter 5.

So, are there any other facts?

• willy_think
    willy_think
    what is so wrong with Jehovah's Witnesses...I am not interested in dates, the blood issue, nor the disfellowshippin....

dates=facts
    blood=facts
    DF=facts

wrong without facts=opinions.

you are asking for opinions but saying give me facts. try looking at silent lambs web page.

lololol "silly rabbit tricks are for kids"

try looking at silent lambs web page.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

GodRules, you are wrong about blood, and that is a proven fact. It is certainly not simple, and what an affront to your God for you to say it is. In fact, what an insult to God to imagine that he wants your life in return for the symbolism of blood. You can go on stupidly believing He does, but you will be stupid today, stupid tomorrow, and stupid 30 years from now. I don't really care about your stupidity, but the combination of stupid and mean is dangerous. Lives are at stake, childrens lives. You imagine your God is petty and mean, but it really is just you.

Change.

Time for you to grow up, listen to truth, love truth, and move on.

The disfellowshipping issue has been proven to be a spirit killer as well. As practiced by JW's it is not even biblically correct. That is a proven fact. Deal with it.

Now, address Seeker's point on how the Gangster Body deals with sincere questions.

• ianao
    ianao

GodRules:

What do you say to a householder who justifies staying in their religion by telling you that it's church is comprised of imperfect men?

What do you say to them when they tell you "I don't care if my church does some bad things, I will forgive them as Jesus forgave many of his apostles for speaking without thinking. This really happens to all of us"?

• dedalus
    dedalus

One question, Godrules: how do you feel about the indiscriminate slaughter of innocent children?

Here's what the Watchtower says:

It is a serious time for children as well as adults, because children that do not obey Jehovah will not be among the survivors of that battle. God will not preserve them into his new world merely because they are children .... Your being children who worship and serve Jehovah as he has commanded and who have the mark of protection—ah yes, that will mean preservation and life for you. -- Watchtower 8/15/62, pp. 494-495.

As any Witness worth his weight in Watchtowers knows, the only way to "serve Jehovah as he has commanded" is to be a Jehovah's Witness, since they are "the only people who are following his laws as he commands" (the standard Witness cliche -- do you need a quote, Godrules?). That means that all of the children whose parents were not Witnesses will die. So, next time you see a crossing guard stopping traffic for a group of preschoolers on their way to school, remember: the adorable little tots are as good as dead. Next time you visit the maternity ward of a hospital, remember: God's gonna wipe them all out. Ooooooooooh, isn't it so cute when they drool and gurgle and toddle about? Well, Jehovah doesn't think so! After all, how dare they enjoy their childhood and relish their innocence, when there is the very serious business of placing the Organization's magazines! Think I'm exaggerating? Well, look:

Activity in the Christian ministry cannot be confined to adults. It is a privilege of service that you children can Scripturally participate in and should engage in. If you want to obey Jehovah you will engage regularly in the ministerial activities that are arranged by the theocratic organization. Aside from weekly service in the ministry that the organization makes available to you, it gives you the splendid opportunity to serve your Creator every day during vacation periods by being a vacation pioneer out in the witness field. What better way is there to spend the major portion of a vacation? Since the proclamation of Jehovah’s truths and purposes to the people has been commanded by him, do you obey him by zealously engaging in it regularly? -- ibid, p. 494.

So stop playing, kids! No vacation for you! Better turn in nice monthly service reports, or you're toast! Isn't being a Jehovah's Witness fun?

So that's one thing that's seriously wrong with Jehovah's Witnesses: they are required to believe that billions and billions of little children will die, simply because they aren't Witnesses.

If that isn't enough, I don't know what is.

Dedalus

• Seeker
    Seeker
    So, are there any other facts?

Well, for one thing, you might try commenting on my original post to you, GodRules. Your response was merely a rehash of all the things you said you didn't want to talk about, while ignoring the one point I actually did make. Care to discuss what I raised this time?

In the meantime, since you did add some more information, I will comment on what you said to me:

The dates thing does not prove to me that this is not Jehovah's organization. Imperfect men will make mistakes. I choose to forgive just as Jesus forgave many of his apostles for speaking without thinking. This really happens to all of us.

Absolutely, and when you make a mistake you feel bad and you resolve to improve in the future. The WTS does not. As my original post stated, they try to cover over their mistakes or deny them. That is NOT the mark of an honest person. And yes, they keep doing this, time after time. Every time they talk about the way the pre-1914 Bible Students viewed that year, they lie. Lies that can be verified by readin pre-1914 literature that shows how they REALLY viewed that year.

So it's not the mistakes that should bother you, but their response when those mistakes are pointed out.

The blood issue is not inconsistent and misleading. No blood transfussions. That's simple.

Ah, if only that really was their teaching, I would agree with you. However, that is not what they teach. What they actually do teach is that you can readily accept blood components A, B, and C, but you may not accept blood components X, Y, and Z. That is inconsistent, and since almost no JW is fully aware of these official teachings, misleading. Even you thought they teach "no blood transfusion", period.

The difellowshipping policy is scriptural. It's very clear in 1 Cor. chapter 5.

Let him be as a man of the nations. How did Jesus treat Gentiles? Did he resuse to speak to them?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

GR,

You said:

The blood issue is not inconsistent and misleading. No blood transfussions. That's simple. Jehovah's Witnesses have helped the medical comunity in general is seeking a safer way to operate. I am thankful to Jehovah for that. The Bible is clear on Jehovah's view of taking in blood. I respect that and I know that Jehovah is much,much wiser than us. He is protecting us.

That is a direct lie and I request you to take it back.

Just one example. In the WT June 15/00 QFR, the WT says, besides other things, witnesses are not allowed to take white blood cells in a transfusion.

But!!!, witnesses can now have white blood cell transfusion in a technique called peripheral blood stem cell (PBSC) autografting.

Article Title: Clinical and ethical issues in the treatment of a Jehovah's Witness with acute myeloblastic leukemia.
    Article Source: Arch Intern Med 1997 Aug 11-25;157(15):1753-7
    Author(s): Kerridge I; Lowe M; Seldon M; Enno A; Deveridge S
    ( http://www.ajwrb.org/physicians/muramoto-murky.html

In 1998 hemoglobin was not allowed and is considered blood and then by the June 15, 00 WT hemglobin is okay and is not considered blood!!!!

Please, I'm pleading with you wake up and read ( http://www.ajwrb.org

And please whatever you do please back up your posts with proper facts.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit