ok, door to door question.......

by freedom96 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

In my experience it was dependent on the car group.

But my most recent experiences, they would stop at donut shops for like an entire hour. Some ones that I know would stop at a sit down restaurant, like a Coney Island, and order a huge breakfast. In fact, since in one kh you would have at least 2 congregations, you'd find people from all three cong. in one establishment. Hm. Interestingly, there weren't that many people there, jw's included. Unless it was a co visit.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Here in Southwest Florida there aren't many parking spaces and the neighborhood streets are narrow. Therefore, we go out in one car group per territory and go to homes marked 'Spanish', getting in and out of the car/van one couple at a time. It's pretty nice to do it that way during the Summer months too! It sure gets hot and having a car with nice air conditioned sure helps.

DY

• rick1199
    rick1199

Our territory was a mixture of towns, where we would walk, and rural, where we would drive.

But the best morning ever on the field service was a lovely summers day. We did rural work, but walked between all the houses. We did about 3 hours, about 20 doors and spoke to about 4 people. And there was about 6 of us and we had a real giggle.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

My dad was hardcore and felt if you were in service, you were in service. No coffee breaks (only a few in our hall took mid-morning breaks) and a minimum of two solid hours and actually trying to get them to come to their door.

I lived in a small town (20,000 plus) in Atlantic Canada so we had some rural territories as well (my dad was the MS in charge of territory distrbution so I was able to finnagle a couple of great rural territories for myself when I aux. pioneered in the summer months (we'd drive for hours playing tunes if we had a "cool" group" when I was a student.

Between the walking and driving, you hardly talked to anybody. Unfortunately, my dad also made us work the "undesireable" urban territories as well so it evened out.

Has anyone ever "faked" knocking on a door?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Ah the militant Dubs verses the fluff Dubs....

I was a fluffy militant Dub...

I answered to no one but myself for my "time". What, did you all let people dictate how you counted? I told anyone who inquired to mind their own damn business.

I always said that if the Dubs had to make a living doing the ministry they'd all starve. I knew Dubs that actually prayed no one would answer the door. It dawned on me to one day when I realized that almost NO ONE in our Hall could handle a true "study" even if they wanted to. It was 99% show!

u/d (of the it took 20 year to get the balls to speak up class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit