Follow the money......

by mjl 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Congratulations, mj!!! I've been trying to point out this very sly bit of manipulation of WTS funds for YEARS!!

- The KH is built using $$$ donated by the rank and file

- The society loans the same $$$ back to the rank and file to build the KH

- The rank and file need to pay the $$$ back WITH INTEREST to the society which came from the rank and file in the first place

- The society gets to keep the KH once the loan is paid off.

Truthaboutthetruth, in addition to these facts, is also the fact that the R&F is expected to and does provide free labor with which these KHs are built.

Freakin' money changers!!!

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

You can look up the addresses here in a property database search and see the info from the deed. I looked at our old hall, and it is listed as being owned by the
    XXXXX XXXXX CONGREGATION OF
    JEHOVAHS WITNESSES INC

I remember when the hall was built, and we had a ton of money in the building fund because when we sold our old hall, we shared with another for awhile. Also, this was a 2 congregation hall, but it seems the other congregation sold out to this one (at a price of $0 to get their name off the deed) I think it would have to not have a lien on it in order to change the deed, but I am not sure.

Later, I can get out my phone book and look up more KH addresses and see if this is the normal way for them to be listed.

• mjl
    mjl

I checked our Property Tax Appraisal website and got similar results. But here is what I meant about WTBS retaining ownership. What would happen if the society sent out letters that had "new light?" What if the "new light" was to get back to the bible as far as meeting places and meet in tents on Sunday much like the Israelites and meet in homes for both mid-week meetings like the first century Christians. So therefore immediately sell all the Kingdom Halls and promptly "donate" the proceeds to the society. We are trained never to question the organization so it would get done, without question. How much money do think that would be? That is what I meant by the WTBS retaining ownership.

• Golf
    Golf

They are violating the 'usury' interest that the scriptures speak against.

Ex. 22:35

Lev.25:35-37

Deut. 23:19-20

Ezk. 18:8,13,17, 22:12

Golf

• geevee
    geevee

Kingdom Halls are signed over to a trust of "mature" men, who "hold" them for the society. The title deed is help at Bethel in whatever country we are talking about. A "friend" who lives in Australia said that there they stopped getting charged interest about 5 or 6 years ago.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    A "friend" who lives in Australia said that there they stopped getting charged interest about 5 or 6 years ago.

We are being charged interest on our SKF loan. Its like 1 or 2 %, I'd have to look to make sure. They dont loan money for no 24 to 30 years, they're all fairly short term loans.

The Halls arent held in trust for the Society, they are held in trust for the local congregations. Of course if the trustees are faithful society men, the hall might as well belong to the society. When the hall is sold the dinero belongs to the local congregations, but they end up giving the proceeds to the SKF to pay their loan down. If the old hall equity is larger than the new hall loan amount, they would surely make a large donation the WWW or SKF, keeping very little for the local congregation. Yes it really is a racket.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It depends which country you are talking about and the tax laws. In some countries like most of latin America the KHs are ownwed by the Society (or local branch) as first described. The U.S. laws make this complicated as they operate as local corporations they must have assets. I don't understand the ins and outs but when the local names are on the deed that does not mean they own it rather that as corporation trustees they must sign off to sell the property. The insurance racket is just as confusing. They insist that they hold the policy and charge (as of 7 years ago) more than American Family Insurance, yet is the event of a fire or hurricane etc. the claim settlement amounts to just materials not actual loss. So they get about one third the coverage for higher costs. We were teed off.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    Money Hungry Pricks

That really fits that Organization. The February 8, 1962 page 23 [Awake] states: If a Christian invests in stocks, no one should criticize him. When he knows that a corporation is devoted entirely to manufacturing merchandise that is used for a morally wrong purposre, it would be improper for him to violate his conscience by investing money in the stock of that company." The H. M. Riley Trust is a U. S. trust that has the Watchtower Society as the sole beneficiary.The trust has made an investment in a cigarette company[Philip Morris].The amount of the investment is small, it is not the amount that is at issue, but the principle.The Watchtower regards smoking as an unchristian activity and a disfellowshipping offence for a Jehovah's Witness. The Watchtower Society also owns a large percentage of at least three "Sister Compainies":Rand Cam Engine Corp., Rand Energy Group Inc., and Regi U.S.Inc.The management has signed numerous agreements with some powerful warfare-technology contractors. As if this wasn't enough, the Watchtower Society was also associated with the UN, [which they protray as an evil organization], for ten years. In October 2001, the Watchtower Society requested termination of its association.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit