Follow the money......

by mjl 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mjl
    mjl

Has anyone ever tried to follow the money the WTBS collect? It's almost as bad as watching a shell game in New York City. Here is one of my biggest problems... The Building Fund. The program is funded by contributions and is dispursed via building loans for Quick Builds. Here is where my problems begins, they charge interest on these loans going against their own counsel not to charge interest to brothers except for buiness loans where there is profit for both sides involved, so in short they collect contributions, payments, interest, and retain ownership of the Kingdom Hall after the "loan' is paid off, pretty good gig. Anyone else have a problem with this or am I wrong with this?

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

You are absolutely correct.

• freedom96
    freedom96

This is a huge deal. Many witnesses simply cannot afford to help pay for the Kingdom Hall. The fact is that the society has so much money that they can easily afford to build the hall themselves. But yes, to charge the ones who attend that hall, with interest, and then own the hall anyways is about as criminal as it gets in this case.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I believe the term "circlejerk" would fit pretty well here.

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

OK Let's see if I got this right...

- The KH is built using $$$ donated by the rank and file

- The society loans the same $$$ back to the rank and file to build the KH

- The rank and file need to pay the $$$ back WITH INTEREST to the society which came from the rank and file in the first place

- The society gets to keep the KH once the loan is paid off.

Hmmmmmmm.........NAH! I don't see anything wrong with it!

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    - The KH is built using $$$ donated by the rank and file

- The society loans the same $$$ back to the rank and file to build the KH

- The rank and file need to pay the $$$ back WITH INTEREST to the society which came from the rank and file in the first place

- The society gets to keep the KH once the loan is paid off.

I wonder how many of the local dubs know that is the way it works. I tried explaining it to a couple of JWs one time and all I got for my trouble was "the look" .

Of course, if I had framed it within the context of another religion, they would've gotten the point immediately.

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

Is there a way to prove this shell game? I would love to be able to prove it when I make accusations. I totally believe it, but don't know how to prove it.

• Thinking
    Thinking

I just had this discussion with jw friend..........how do you know who owns the kingdom halls??? not that i don't believe you but how do you know?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Money Hungry Pricks

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I think this has been discussed before that the money loaned is NOT charged interest anymore. It was when the building fund started, but I guess they "changed" that rule a few years ago.

I remember our hall though being charged low interest. The thing is, with 5% interest rates this year, it would be more feasible for a local congregation just to REFINANCE at a lower interest rate. CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit