Is Your Lifestyle So Much Different Since You Left The Organization?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Everyone else took my answer Guilt is the big thing missing from my life.

Its tough to carry the world around on your shoulders every day, ducking when a loud plane flies overhead because for a brief second you think Armageddons here. How depressing THAT was!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I have freedom to think and make decisions based on my own conscience instead of what I'm told by any religion. It's great being able to use my brain!

I don't feel guilty about not living my life around an org.

I now concentrate on life rather than death.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well my lifestyle is nothing too different!

I do not go to meetings anymore.

I do have guilt of am I doing the right thing?

I am scared!

I feel alone because of my family has not done very much with me anymore.

Well I felt those things while I was still "in"! I am much more happier though. I feel less guilty on alot of issues. I am learning to live my own life and be free!

Brooke

• Shania
    Shania

The one thing I appreciate having back-----IS MY TIME------to do as I choose. But I must admitt it is a bit strange to think about what you would like to do. I know I'll get use to it. I love Saturday mornings we use to have to be up and out by 8:15 to meet with the group at 9am, no rest on the weekends for our family....................so I do enjoy my weekend

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Pretty much what Brenda Cloutier and Valis said, except for one thing:

I just want to state that "church" can happen at any time, without a moment's warning. Happened to me twice this month, once while watching Wattstax and again while watching Stomp Out Loud.

gently feral

• minimus
    minimus

It's amazing that we ever had the time to do everything we did as Witnesses! We've got a lot of making up to do.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Here, Here Wolfgirl! Kind of wish I had taken your approach, unfortunately in my race to do everything I had been forbidden before Armageddon came and get me when I was 16 I did a few things that I don't necesarily regret, but may have done differently had I realised that I wasn't about to die at all.

From a fellow Lincolnshire girl - Grantham congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit