What kind of Apostate are you?

by diamondblue1974 47 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I've been on this site now for a little while and think its brilliant and its been a tonic in getting things straight and for gathering research. (Thanks Simon & Ang). In fact its difficult to get work done during the day because of reading posts on here.

A couple of months ago if someone wouldve asked me whether I was apostate I would have flatly refused partly because the indoctrination still has its effect even after a decade and the negative connotation attached to the word 'apostate' is still at the back of my mind.

Things are very different now though and my opinions are changed on this point; I am considered an apostate and I am actually quite proud of the fact that I have had the opportunity to get out and find myself (apologies for the cliche) and find my own beliefs based upon my own research.

I personally believe that i'am quite a liberal apostate which broadly means that whilst i dont see a personal need to stand outside and picket conventions, I am prepared to tell state my opposition to the WTS and its publishing empire...

This leads me to the question, what kind of apostate do you consider yourself to be?

• Dustin
    Dustin

I'm a bitter apostate. I can't seem to get over my hatred of the organization. However, that being said I feel I am slowly coming to terms with my anger.

Dustin

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am not an apostate!

I am a former Jehovah's Witness.

Apostates are just as bad a Jehovah's Witnesses!

• Gordy
    Gordy

Even though with what the WT have done to me, split family etc.

I do not feel the need to demonstrate outside KH etc. I have written on here, and other forums. I have written to JW's, non-JW's who have written to me and explain why I am no longer a JW.

If a JW calls on me I tell them what I now know as a Christian.

I do not let it dominate my life. Otherwise it means that the WT still has control over me.

• kls
    kls

I am a Apostate which means i am hated by the wt and to me that is something to be proud of.

I am a rebel Apostate,,,,,,,,,,,

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

I saw a definition I like: not faithful to religion. Sounds good to me! Hadn't realized it but I guess I am an apostate...

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

One thing I know, I'm not an apostate in denial unlike the poster above me.

The kind of apostate I am is the Counterculture/Subculture apostate. The one that after leaving the WT, joined a counterculture or a subculture that's contrary to the WT's plastic fantastic mold.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I'm with you, Blue. Actually, I didn't know what it meant, as it wasn't tossed around as much in the 70's as it has been since. I had to come here to this "Apostate Site" to find out I was one!

Actually, if finding my own mind, developing my own belief structure, and the freedom to research makes me an apostate... I'll accept the name.

• Honesty
    Honesty

That's the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses term for me since accepting Christ as my mediator instead of them and no.... I don't read their apostate WT publications except to help JW's exit the WTS and turn to Jesus.

• cindykp
    cindykp

I dont think I am an apostate. If I post on this forum, does that make me one? Dont know, kinda new to all this, but I like it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit