Current/former elders -- Ever on Judicial Committee while on your way out?

by AlmostAtheist 21 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

The Judicial Committee arrangement is a joke. None of the men sitting in judgment can read hearts; the Pay Attn. manual trumps the Bible, and the elders' personal opinion/judgment trumps both.

After the elders hear the evidence, they ask the person to step out. While Brother Sinner is sweating and pacing the floor, the elders are simply reviewing their notes and reading a few paragraphs in the manual. At some point the chairman asks the other 2 or 3 brothers do they think Brother Sinner was repentant.

That's it, no special effects from on high. Some elders probably already have their minds made up before the committee meets depending on the circumstances. I've seen brothers reach decisions within a few minutes, and then discuss weekend plans in order to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the time out.

It is really sad to think about. All of us are the same, we're no better than the next person, but for a few minutes on a Friday night some unfortunate person is meeting before 3 or 4 men who they believe has the power to determine their eternal salvation.

This quasi-religious publishing company makes me sick.

• avishai
    avishai

Here's what's really crazy!!! Setting up untrained window washers and janitors etc. as Judge jury and executionors over others. Giving them life changng power to destroy family's!!! And what's even crazier is those people who actually consciously submit themselves to it!! Especially those who convert as adults.

All "kindness" who was the "nicer" elder etc. aside, regardless, you are making a decision to commit spiritual homicide. How did you live with it, especially on the fade? If I ever did something that messed up to someone I'd have to personally seek them out and apologize. To each and every one. Even if it was "cut and dried". Geez.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit