Question for Tepic or anyone else who has an answer.

by loosie 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

Tepic,

Since you were an elder, didn't that one guy say for like a hundred years, I want to ask you a question. Before I ask thought let me state this. I am not here to start an discussion about dotrine. I feel everyone has a right to chose what to believe in. I personally feel that Jehovah is God and what he says is true. I feel really hurt thought at how I see god's sheep (myslef included) being treated. That's why I responded to your post, it struck a chord with me emotionally. I agree that just because one is Df'd doesn't mean God doesn't approve of him. Because of this time for repentance factor there are mistakes being made. Now most Elders that you ask questions of give you a beaten around the bush answer. They don't come straight out and answer your question. that always frustrates me. You seem pretty straight forward.

Now on to my question. Why would Elders literally try to keep a couple (both in good standing) from getting married? I mean they really sat down with the girl and told what other choices of brothers she had out there ( all of which completely turned her off). they didn't know that the couple they were trying to keep apart had already gotten married ( they hadn't told anybody at that point in time). And why would the PO actually scream at the girl during at commitee meeting? Isn't there some rule that, that is inappropriate behaviour during a comittee meeting? By the way the couple has been married for over 13 years. wow they prove them wrong didn't they.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Dude- no offense, you sound "innocent" enough, but that story don't jibe.

JC- boy girl- secret 13 yr marriage... I'm missing something (or nothing).

Sorry

u/d

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

loosie:

i am not and never was an elder. just a humble little sister at one point in time.

i do have a dear friend (who i only speak with every once in a while since i left the borg) though who went through a similar situation. she was a regular pioneer, her husband was a regular pioneer and an elder and they were 18 years apart in age. they got married and receive much flack from the elders because they were not "free from accusation" or something like that. they have been married for over 10 years as well and it was so ridiculous. he was removed as an elder at the time because of the whole situation.

i think sometimes elders just get a wild hair up their butt and think it's ok to take their personal opinions and force them on the flock. if you are a sister you are not in any position to respond because you are supposed to be "in submission" to men. it's a lose lose situation for a sister if she disagrees with "counsel" even if it stems from personal opinion as opposed to solid Bible principles.

JMHO...

i've seen it happen more than once in various situations.

• loosie
    loosie

response to upside down.

at the time they tried to talk the couple out of getting married they were already married. and told eveybody that week. that happen almost 14 years ago. everybody is aware albeit surprised they are still married.

ps: didn't mean to sound so innocent...lol

• avishai
    avishai

Well, I've been screamed at in committee meetings too. I think your figuring it out!!! The elders are just......MEN!!!! Not Jehovah god. They often are on a power trip, and even if not, are overworked, over tired good men who don't even have enough time for their own families. Spirit directe? Not likely. Otherwise, the rules from the GB would'nt change constantly, sometimes several times in a year. (See here http://quotes.watchtower.ca/rape_is_fornication.htm and here http://quotes.watchtower.ca/rape_not_fornication.htm and see how many times it changes)

The WTS is a publishing co. Not Gods channel of info. on earth.

• loosie
    loosie

I wonder what would have happened if the girl would have stood up and yelled back and told the PO not to yell at her like one of his children. because she knew how he yelled at his family because she spent the night at that house once while a youngster. It made her want to go by home to her own dysfunctional parents.

• loosie
    loosie

adelmaal,

thanks for your response. I thinks it's great when humble little sisters actually find a husband that they don't have to keep their opinions to themselves when around their husbands.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Question - Why would Elders literally try to keep a couple (both in good standing) from getting married?

A - Because they are a high control publishing company.

Question - I mean they really sat down with the girl and told what other choices of brothers she had out there ( all of which completely turned her off). they didn't know that the couple they were trying to keep apart had already gotten married ( they hadn't told anybody at that point in time).

Question -And why would the PO actually scream at the girl during at commitee meeting? Isn't there some rule that, that is inappropriate behaviour during a comittee meeting?

Low-control publishing companies don't do that....

Jeff

• Forscher
    Forscher

Good answer Jeff!

The elders sat me down in a commitee of two and told me not to marry my fiance. That was 24 years ago and, if you do the math, it won't be THAT long before we celebrate our silver anniversary! Ignoring that arrogant elder was the best decision I ever made!!!

• loosie
    loosie

lol @ Jeff. what would be a low control book publishing company.. hmm the doubleday book club...lmao

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit