Did You Date As a JW To Just Find A Marriage Mate??

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

or were you a recreational dater?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I've never recreationally dated. I want(ed) to be married and didnt start dating til my early 20s.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Yup. Found a man who would marry me and got married at 18, on June 7, 1975.

I had to learn how to "date" for the sake of dating as an adult. I consider recreational dating noting more than recreational sex. I mean dating to get to know the person long before sex is considered. You know? Dating? But Recreational Sex and Sport F*king was great, too.

• minimus
    minimus

You know how weird it is that JWS need to date ONLY with marriage in mind??

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Never dated but one gal - and she is now Mrs AK Jeff for well over 30 years. That was the best part of being a witness - I found my soulmate early in life, and we have not ever looked elsewhere. But I think we would have done the same had we been Mormons, Episcopal, or whatever.

Just glad she left the borg with me - that would have been tougher without her.

Jeff

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, now I know how weird it was. But I'm still not good at the flirting/dating thing. Okay, I suck!

I had a couple of dates for marital purposes (theirs, not mine). I was always too shy to let anyone I really liked know about it. The guys who arranged dates (yes, with my parents) were not ones I found attractive. And I'm glad of that, in the long run.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

yea...........of course, I wasnt dating to get laid. got lucky and found a woman I really loved- too bad she needs the WT more than she needs me. oh well, is'nt THAT depressing!

~Hill

• upside/down
    upside/down
    yea...........of course, I wasnt dating to get laid. got lucky and found a woman I really loved- too bad she needs the WT more than she needs me. oh well, is'nt THAT depressing!

I feel your pain... Dub women (huge generalization I know) are sumpin arent day? I'm convinced if they weren't Dubs they'd be nuns.

How many "worldy" women wished and prayed they had a man that just "loved" them?

THAT IS DEPRESSING! (and it pisses me off like none other). I'm steaming like a cowpie in a snowdrift just thinkin bout it...

u/d

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink
    Dub women (huge generalization I know) are sumpin arent day? I'm convinced if they weren't Dubs they'd be nuns.

That isn't entirely true, there are a few freaks in the mix. Some of them end up leaving, the rest stay depressed I am sure. All me and my friends talked about in our teens was sex, we would read Cosmo and well, I am one of the few that didn't get in trouble, managed to leave and have a life. A few of the others married other JWs, some had babies, yo-yo'd back and forth between DF'd and reinstatement.

• undercover
    undercover

I dated to find a marriage mate so that I could date recreationally. Get it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit